1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Sean Lee has been named NFC Defensive Player of the Month

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 31, 2013.

1. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,001 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,824 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Not bad for a guy that can't play in the 4-3.
  3. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,627 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    I think it's pretty clear that it has taken the LBs in particular a while to adjust to the new D--even Lee started slow--but the arrow is point up there. Unfortunately, the mounting DL injuries and the combination of injuries and general ineptitude at safety are working against that improvement.
  4. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,283 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    That Sean Lee is just a football playin' dude.

Old-school.

Great player.
  5. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,051 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    look at point scored i/o yard against. 17th in the league (i.e. average) LOLOLOLOL :)
  6. CaptainMorgan

2,001 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Im sorry Denim there isnt a stat in the world that id care to look at that supports this defense being anything other than what it is which is horrible.

Turnovers aside which they have done a great job with, i have never seen a Dallas defense play this poorly. in fact if it wasnt for the turnovers they have generated this defense might could go down as the worst of all time.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,627 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received
    The pass defense has been at the heart of the problem all along.

I didn't say there's anything wrong with pointing out both positive and negative aspects of the team. I said it's a shame that a thread about one of our players winning DPotM devolved almost immediately into an excuse for calling the rest of the defense crap. I don't have any issue with a nuanced opinion about how Lee fits into the overall weak defense in general.

And I don't have an issue with people wanting to say the rest of the defense is crap. I just wish they'd exercise the restraint to keep *this* thread on topic and vent in one of the dozens of 'this team is crap' threads sprouting up like mushrooms in all the other forums.
  8. Denim Chicken

3,051 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Agree to disagree then. I believe if the Offense scores on a few more of the turnovers created, we're 7-1 and everyone loves the defense.
  9. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    The #1 ranked defense, Houston, actually gives up more ppg than the Cowboys. That being said, congratulations Mr. Lee.
  10. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,219 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I think everyone would trade that for a "W" last week.
  11. CaptainMorgan

2,001 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Be careful with that. Folks around here dont like to hear other folks keeping it real. We are supposed to just grin and bear it.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,780 Messages
    3,443 Likes Received
    That's patently false although you're entitled to believe what you will. Varied opinions are welcome here unless people are being negative just to troll.
  13. CaptainMorgan

2,001 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Oh ok glad you cleared that up for me boss.
  14. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    PPG is the only stat that matters. YPG has to be the most worthless stat out there, on both sides of the ball. Why the NFL decides to rank offenses and defenses on such a worthless stat is beyond me.
    Denim Chicken likes this.
  15. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,103 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    So much for stats.
  16. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Active Member

455 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    sean lee I s a really good player on really bad defense and really bad team not many goodplayers on this team
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,780 Messages
    3,443 Likes Received
    My response was for everyone not just you. Any further posts along this nature should be PMs.
  18. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Lee is the best linebacker we have had in a long time.
  19. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,452 Messages
    1,351 Likes Received
    How could anyone love a defense destined to give up the most yards in the history of the NFL? It's absolutely not a recipe for success -- especially in the playoffs when you won't see sucky team like the Giants and Eagles who turn over the ball in bushels.

Look at the 2011 Packers -- 2nd best offense in the history of the NFL (measured by points scored), they were 2nd in the NFL in turnover ratio (+24 !), and they fielded the worst pass defense in history of the NFL and ended up being bounced out of the playoffs in the 1st round despite a 15-1 record.

Cowboys are on pace to give up 6800 yards -- that's all kinds of bad.
  20. Denim Chicken

3,051 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Cause yards don't mean squat. Points do.

Never said I loved the D. Said they were average. Better play from the Offense and the D is doing enough to win. Better play from the Defense and the O is doing enough.