1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sean Lee - tied for 2nd in the league in tackles.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Nov 2, 2013.

1. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,816 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    Lee is built like an old school safety with great instincts allowing him to play modern day LB...if only Carter had his reads for the game...not giving up on Carter by a long shot...lot of leeway in the 4-3.
    Corso likes this.
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    As Rick Flair would say " To be the Man you have to Beat the Man" and every week Lee beats the man. Lee is the Man.
  3. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,947 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received
    Incredible.

What a player.
  4. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,388 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Just out of curiosity, I went backed and looked at our entire history in the second round. Here's Lee's biggest competition:

Mel Renfro
    Ken Norton Jr
    Daryl Johnston
    Darren Woodson
    Larry Allen

I agree that he'll be on that list if he stays healthy.

Boy, we've had some stinkers in the second round, dating back to the start of the franchise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_draft_history
  5. BigStar

3,816 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    You're a good poster so I will just ask bc I respect your opinion....you know Carter will work: great eventually correct? At least a formidable player in this thing eventually? Why the bs? Just realized how oblivious I sounded kinda, but Carter aint and SHOULDN'T be going anywhere....
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,947 Messages
    1,732 Likes Received
    IMHO, Carter is/will become a very good LB for the Cowboys. Border-line Pro-bowl player, maybe better.

Even if he never becomes the pass defender that we all think he has the potential to be with his speed, his ability to go sideline sideline in the run game will make him a superior player.
  7. BigStar

3,816 Messages
    1,524 Likes Received
    Appreciate the response and agree (probably won't be my Dex Coak reincarcnated as I had hoped (Dex is way smarter then BC unfortunatelyy), it is only short term thinking to put Sims over him right now. This team can learn WITH his mistakes I am sure. Come on Coaxley!
  8. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,336 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    Carter simply doesn't have the same instincts as Lee. It is going to take a him a full year to adjust to a new scheme.

Remember, when we drafted him he was hurt so he was able to sit and watch and learn. He came in and had a huge impact the next season. I expect the same sort of leap for him into next season.