1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Sean Lee wears cast at practice

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jblaze2004, Nov 9, 2011.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys starting inside linebacker Sean Lee was at practice Wednesday wearing a cast disguised as a club to protect a dislocated left wrist.

Lee missed last week's game with the injury and is hoping he can play in Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills. If the swelling went down enough, the trainers and doctors would allow him to practice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4686406/sean-lee-at-practice-wearing-a-cast

pic of club on sean lee's hand
    [IMG]
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,016 Likes Received
    I just hope he will be effective wearing it.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,007 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Whoa, he looks like he had his hand amputated! He can't play like that, probably just so he doesn't do anything else to it in practice.

That's a really sweet club though! Fighting out of the red corner, Sean "Hammer Hands" Lee!

[IMG]
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,308 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    He's playing this Sunday IMO. Garrett in his PC today said they can't keep off the field and it was a full pad practice.

He's better with one arm then James and Brooks with two!
  5. jwitten82

jwitten82 Active Member

629 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    I think Patrick Willis played with a cast like that
  6. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,737 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    I would sit Lee for at least another two games. I just can't see him being effective with one hand and a club. It is time for Bruce Carter to play. Carter should be able to get by "well enough" on instincts.

Rest Lee. Get Carter reps in hopes that in a few weeks Carter will displace James for a large percentage of snaps.
  7. jblaze2004

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    x10......grandpa brookings and slo mo james just aren't starters in this league anymore.
  8. jblaze2004

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    that he did.
  9. jblaze2004

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    thats easier said than done.

But i wonder if sean lee is going to be able to handle doing the defensive signals with one hand? might have to change it up.
  10. Doomsday101

77,281 Messages
    3,016 Likes Received
    We are playing at home so it should not be too loud to holler out the signals.
  11. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,675 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Of course he can play with it and be extremely effective. He just has to wrap up and be sure on his tackles and he can slow runners down until help comes. He can definitely play with it and play well..
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,308 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    We can't afford to do that. If we are going to make this run we need him bad! Buffalo and Fitzpatrick love the short passing game and we need his coverage.
  13. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,988 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    He needs to put stick'em all over his CLUB cast, so he can continue to return picks for touchdowns...

Seriously, I can see him splitting helmets with that thing.
  14. jblaze2004

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    idk cowboys crowd might be rocking. Its a early game so everybody will be up and wild...lol:D
  15. Doomsday101

77,281 Messages
    3,016 Likes Received
    That would be a nice change of pace.
  16. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Well that's his left hand, does anyone know if Lee is right or left handed. I don't want him on the field at all like that if he is left handed, you still wanna be able to grab a football or defender on D.
  17. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,507 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    They should attach a long metal spatula at the end of it so he can just swat down any passes that is near by.
  18. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,663 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I'd make the cast 2 feet longer and drop him into coverage. He could bat every pass down.:D
  19. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thats actually what the cast should look like come game time. I've seen more than a few players play with similiar looking clubs.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,007 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Maybe a net would be more effective? :laugh2: