1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sean Payton latest

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by sportsman, Nov 29, 2012.

1. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,045 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    The more accomplished the coach the more say he has in personnel and forming the culture at Valley Ranch. That how its been in the Jerry era, Payton fits that mode to be able to come in and do more than Garrett can.
  2. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,358 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Ooops, forgot to mention Jason stinks as a play caller. As if we didn't know that either. And yes, as Theebs mentioned Sean will at least make us better on offense.

Also, Payton gets his quarterback he always wanted in Romo. Big plus. Nothing against Brees though.
  3. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,382 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    After last nights debocle, no way the saints let sean Payton walk. I was sceptical at first that he'd come back to dallas but the saints are going to pay him a boatload to stay.
  4. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,654 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Yep....they looked like crap last night!
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,514 Messages
    549 Likes Received
  6. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,747 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    I've read that Shefter's report is not accurate, the fact is the Saints and Payton have been allowed to talk for a while but haven't. That's good news for us.

This is from PFT today,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/30/sean-paytons-leverage-grows/
  7. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,747 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    As to your first point, I find it insane that someone would not take Payton over Jason. It really is like Cleveland having the option to land Rodgers and saying 'you know what, we'll stick with Weeden for a while, he will be great.'

For the record I would take Payton, Gruden, Holmgren, Reid, Cowher, the guy from Oregon and others over Garrett.

I disagree on the second one though, I don't think Jerry has the level of control some in here think, he seems more like a figurehead to me, I think the head coach, regardless of who he is, has a strong voice in the organization.
  8. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Bet ur happy. Another year of mediocrity here we come!:laugh2:
  9. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,175 Messages
    1,433 Likes Received
    Werder has said for weeks there was nothing stopping him from signing, or at least agreeing with them, already. He's waiting for a good reason.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Ed was on the field before the browns game with romo for like 20 minutes while tony was getting loose with Beasley. I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that.

Btw, romo used to come out and go through this whole routine getting loose with miles Austin, now he does the whole thing with cole Beasley.

Austin gets loose with DEz now.
  11. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,358 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Here's another nugget to chew on, as much as I don't believe anything Jerry says, why hasn't he come out and said Jason Garrett will be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in 2013/14?
  12. ykc

ykc Active Member

575 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    If JJ wants SP to be here and SP wants to be here, there is nothing the Saints can do to prevent it. he is not under contract and I doubt if they will pay him 5 yrs/35 million to the head coach.

If it is not SP is available this year, I would be inclined to give JG one more year even though I doubt anything will change next year, but it is all about timing. If we fire JG next years, I don't want to be choosing between Wade and Norv like last time and not have good choices...
  13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    540 Likes Received
  14. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,955 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I like the woman to his right who is apparently trapped in some sort of powder blue straight jacket. At some point James Bond will come to her rescue.
  15. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,654 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Because he knows CZ needs something to whine about. :eek:hboy:
  16. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,030 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    Spot on :lmao2:
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,176 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    come on man. Claiming that Jerruh is not in total control is delusional at best