1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sean Smith could still be an option.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SLATEmosphere, Mar 5, 2009.

1. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With all this talk about Scandrick being a FS in this "star" position(still don't know what that is.) We would have a gaping hole at CB. I simply don't trust Ball at nickel. Newman is getting up there and getting injured alot lately..Sean could still be an option since he wants to play corner and it would replenish our CB depth.

The Cowboys are at least interested in Sean, so there's a chance.

It seems like Sean has slid off some boards and not even a top 5 CB or S on most sites. If he is there at 45-50 do you take him?
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,484 Likes Received
    Depends on who is taken in front of him. Someone always slides. I'd rather go DE, NT, OLB or OL but that entirely depends on how the draft board is set up.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    If we're going to go CB in the 2nd shot for Alphonso Smith (Wake Forest), DJ Moore (Vandy) or Deon Butler (Conn). If we want a FS, I think we keep Scandrick at CB and go for Rashard Johnson (Bama).

I think Delmas goes to Philly and Sean Smith goes to New England ( I think they pick 3 times before we pick at #51).
  4. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,737 Messages
    3,936 Likes Received
    I want BPA at NT, WILB, OL then S. I don't think we should draft at DE unless that's clearly the BPA at our pick. You generally will always take a cover corner or pass rusher over anything else. I think you take a franchise QB, too, even if you have one if you're really sure.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,694 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    They still have to look at DBs.
  6. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A player like Sean Smith, who is a CB/FS tweener should definitely be on our radar. We should also draft someone who is a FS/SS tweener. Doing that would give us the most flexibility while makig sure that we have solid depth.
  7. btgboys41

btgboys41 New Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I keep seeing Sean Smith in this forum. I know of the one highlight reel play he made but is he being mentioned for more than that? Has anyone seen a good bit of his play? I am asking out of curiosity and not anything negative toward the player. I honestly have no idea about him but hope it's not from the combine or the pick he made in the end zone.
  8. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've seen every games he's played in the last 2 years and he's unbelievable. I think the thing that sticks out the most is the timing of his picks in games..he pretty much seals the game up with his gamechanging play..

He's 6 4..215 pounds..runs a 4.5
  9. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey guys...what about Sean Smith at that "star" spot instead of Scandrick???..it looks like Wade is lookin for a cover guy there and not really having tackling as the priority.
  10. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    im starting to like him, but you are becoming Norish with your pimping of Smith
  11. btgboys41

btgboys41 New Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would you rather have a safety or an O or D lineman with our first pick?
  12. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Whats "norish"
  13. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Safety,but only Smith or Delmas.
  14. BigBoy63

BigBoy63 New Member

312 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we were to take a NT or D-Lineman, he would have to be someone like Raji, or Brace, caue now that Roy is gone, safety is the biggest gap to fill, i would like Chung, smith, or Delmas.
  15. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

LOL... no kidding.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,484 Likes Received
    Excessive pimping disease.
  17. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Hes an old old old poster that will come around every so often and pimp a player; Ricky Ray any one? Dan Orvlosky (sp?) is supposedly the next Romo.
  18. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,773 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    Sean Jones will sign with Philly.
  19. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Get the name right ! He's the Big O ! That will save you the trouble of trying to spell his name.
  20. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    We should find out today if this happens. He is in Philadelphia right now.