1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Seattle D-line

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Feb 2, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

7,505 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    incredible. the way 4 guys tore up te league number 1 offense.

Ill take Clinton Mcdonald if this team can create some money for FA. was very disruptive perfect guy to be a starter and a part of a rotation.
  2. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,152 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Their entire defense is good, that back 7 flies around and swarms to the ball.
  3. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Active Member

616 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    that defense is perfectly put together and i think you would be disappointed when they split up and go to inferior defenses piece by piece. none of them will be as good without the other.

mcdonald wouldnt be jack without corners that can bump and run man to man all night long on their own.
    Future likes this.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,981 Messages
    4,149 Likes Received
    Yes. It's the cornerbacks that make it all go.

Get them up in their face so Tyrone Crawford and Ben Bass can ball.
  5. TheFinisher

2,152 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Our DL is definitely short on talent, but CBs do play a vital role to a good D. All pieces do, really.
  6. Risen Star

18,981 Messages
    4,149 Likes Received
    They should reset your likes total to zero.
  7. TheFinisher

2,152 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    I see your Tyrone Crawford and Ben Bass and raise you Jacques Reeves and Alan Ball.

Defense is a collective unit, all the great ones are finely tuned machines.
    bsheeern likes this.
  8. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,147 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    We could have had BOTH Michael Bennett and Cliff Avirl. Instead we decided to franchise Spencer after he had 1 good season his whole career. We suck for a reason.
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

22,332 Messages
    2,825 Likes Received
    The Seahawks blitzed Manning exactly 6 times in 51 dropbacks. Remarkable. Must have been those cornerbacks making that possible.
    JonJon, dwight and Risen Star like this.
  10. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,468 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    Yes, Peyton completed a ton of passes and the receivers were punished each time they caught it. And in the first 3 quarters, they could make a catch, but where not going to get much YAC. That's how you stop those pick routes right there.

And that makes the D-Line's job a lot easier. Well, that and the Seattle offense not trying to throw every down to keep their defense off the field and rested.

YR
    brooksey1 likes this.
  11. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,438 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    I think the Seattle DL is very effective as a group but individually they might not be up to the task. This group kind of reminds me of the early 90's D-Line - lots of solid rotational guys but when they went to other teams to get more money they didn't do too much.
  12. Risen Star

18,981 Messages
    4,149 Likes Received
    You're preaching to the choir.

When you ignore the CB position this is what happens. We made our bed, now we have to lie in it.
    Alexander likes this.
  13. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

30,037 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  14. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,059 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Yeah Risen I'm totally on board now, I would draft a pass rushing dlineman or high ranked olineman every year with one of my top 3 picks. Look at Seattle's wr corp, a good bunch but no stud #1 guy, look at Pittsburghs defense (when they last won the sb) their corners and safeties (except Troy P) were virtual unknowns to the common fan. Invest in the oline and dline and after that invest some more.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,027 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Everything about that sentence just feels wrong.

;)
    JonJon and Risen Star like this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

22,332 Messages
    2,825 Likes Received
    Just think back to free agency when they were signing Bennett and Avril. Even at that time it was wow, they are loading up. And it paid off.

Meanwhile we were franchising Spencer and crossing our fingers that Ratliff would bloom into Warren Sapp thanks to the scheme change.
  17. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,468 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    We haven't ignored the CB position. We've ignored the safety position and our CB's were built to play back in 1995 when teams ran much longer pass patterns and completion % was much lower.

YR
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,334 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    Said they guy who racks up likes saying the same thing over and over and over again lol
  19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,860 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Good point. Remember when Larry Brown, Russell Maryland, Alvin Harper left the Cowboys for greener pastures? They weren't able to duplicate the success with other clubs that they had with Dallas. Dallas played as a team. The team was great because of the sum of its parts. The parts were average outside of the Dallas team.
  20. Risen Star

18,981 Messages
    4,149 Likes Received
    It'll take years to get there but we can start the process right now.

I wouldn't count on it. We'll get a half-bleeped attempt to quick fix the DL, I'm guessing.