1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Seems Like Cowboy Fans Are Really Down

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,734 Messages
    2,385 Likes Received
    Man, I have been reading alot of posts on here and even just talking with my Cowboy buddies, it seems like the entire fan base is just really down now.

I dont know if it could be that alot of fans thought this season might be something special and they are having a "reality check", or what. It just seems like its been a while since this many fans were down about the team.
  2. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    How could one not be down? Garrett has done a poor job this year. He's starting to annoy me, but I will give him the rest of the year. These (miscommunication) issues are his fault.
  3. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Sick of losing, even the optimism is getting tiresome and repetitive. How long do we have to wait for the arrival of this team?
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    you are right, the fanbase is down. all you have to do is read cowboys forums or talk to people in real life. it's not even anger anymore, depression and apathy is settling in. jerry jones has destroyed the spirit and morale of the fanbase.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What you expect us to be happy with a team who has been mediocre for the last 15 + seasons?
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude c'mon you shouldn't let this disgraceful idiots depress you. There's real things to be depressed about it. The Cowboys ain't one of them.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

10,723 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    how do you feel?

we beat the world champions at their house to open the season.

it's been downhill since.

we could easily be 1-3 at this point.

it's been a downer for sure.

hoping we get it turned around though.
  8. DallasDW00ds0n

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I think he's just talking about our fans general attitude towards the teams lack of success for 15 years has worn us down from anger to a depressed state of mind about it
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,741 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    Not me. It's football season. There's a lot of it left and I haven't surrendered like the fair weather French.
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    two things.

weather you believe it or not, jerry was sending a message with his "window closing" comment before the season started. it was not only a wake-up call for the players but also to the fans that the core of this team does not have much time left. this comment combined with the positive reports from the entire offseason, from full participation at voluntary wkouts to a physical training camp, set expectations high for this team. we weren't expecting a super bowl contender necessarily but we did expect to see a more consistent disciplined team that plays with more effort. is that what we've seen so far this season?

second, honeymoon period is ending for jason garrett. many of us don't like jerry (the GM) but jason gave even the most negative fans something to be hopeful about. many put whatever dwindling hope they had remaining for the franchise in the hands of a man who is a blast from our glorious past. unfortunately we've seen cracks in jason's armor this year with the handling of the oline and lack of production of the offense. so if we can't count on jerry and hypothetically jason ends up being a letdown, who is left to put our faith in? nobody.
  11. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,482 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Its not just that we are losing, its that we have great players like Romo, Witten & Ware and they won't be around forever. They deserve success.

If this team needs to go somewhere it should be now, next year at the latest.
  12. DallasDW00ds0n

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what you consider fair weather because I never stop following them but I'm certainly upset with how crummy they are
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    i'm good bro. i was talking strictly sports. i'm way past the cowboys making me down. all i do is laugh about losses now. i'm definitely at the apathy stage, which is actually a lot healthier for me.
  14. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Really??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Yes, there are far more important issues in the world than a football team, and that is why we need our team to at least provide 4 hours a week of genuine entertainment for 5 months out of the year. We start off optimistic until the first two or three games and then reality sets in and then we are washed ashore shipwrecked.

If a miracle takes place and the Cowboys beat the Ravens then we will all be marching and beating the drums again until the next missile knocks us out of the water.

I was really hyped up when the cowboys beat the Giants in NY. I thought we had a shot at doing something finally. Then the next three games were pathetic. I could have understood if we had stumbled in NY, but the the play, the effort, the execution, the focus of the following games, whether we won or lost, were deplorable.
  15. DallasDW00ds0n

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Lol so true
  16. fffiasco

fffiasco Active Member

762 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Since Garrett took over i believe he started rebuilding. This is year 2 of 3. He has successfully overhauled the LB corp and secondary. The Dline is also getting there with Hatcher and Crawford. Next year he will shore up the Oline and Safety position and i truly believe we will then be contenders.
  17. KoRnyBrad

KoRnyBrad I am the Bat!

259 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I'm down after a loss, especially an embarrassing loss like the one against Chicago on Monday Night Football. But usually the middle to the end of the week I'm getting excited for the next game.

I think we all had high hopes coming off preseason and the big win against the Gnats. Didn't expect to see what we are seeing. There is still time to turn it around. We aren't the only team that isn't playing great.
  18. bevo11

bevo11 Member

100 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Really its past the point of being down, its disgusted at this point. These days the star on the helmet makes the player and not the other way around. Mediocre players get paid like they are superstars and the team has no heart. The get beat down and pushed around and all we get is "its a process." It is really hard to be a fan these days. But whats the alternative? Id rather never watch football again than cheer for another team. Jerry knows he fan base is like this so it doesnt matter to him. :bang2:
  19. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you suggesting that those of us that are down are fair weather fans?. I'm not sure if you are or not. But just to clarify something, I highly doubt anybody on this message board is a fair weather fan. That would mean that they are only here when everything is going well, and frankly there has been very few positives over the last decade to suggest our fan base has any damn fair weather fans. I mean at least not here on message boards, that would be something entirely different..Maybe a negative fanatic. But a fair weather fan I highly doubt.
  20. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Interesting observation. I have noticed it too. I don’t think it has anything to do with being a fair weather fan because many of them have gone through years and years of losing and have stuck around. I think many fans are just frustrated with the organization. I think they have reached their tolerance level and have had enough. I respect that and don’t feel the need to mock it. I think i have one more game of hope before i might turn down that route.