1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Seems Like Cowboy Fans Are Really Down

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's because every year we hear the same old thing, "One of the most talented teams on paper",
    But every year we play the same old way. mediocre. Tony says it'll get better, Jerry says "The results aren't acceptable, And some here on the forum predict BIG WINS against certain teams.

Can't tell you when the last time I enjoyed a game without biting my finger nails, and feeling my heart thru my chest because the game came down to the last 2 or 3 minutes .

I would love just 1 blowout game in our favor, just 1
  2. jbz64

jbz64 Member

170 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Singletary's coaching record was terrible but he helped build the 49ers with his attitude (helped turn the light on for V. Davis) and through the draft. He drafted 2 O-Lineman in the 1st rd (11th & 17th) of 2010 draft. He drafted a OG in 2nd Rd of 2009 draft.

Jerry would never draft 2 O-Line in the middle of the 1st RD because its not sexy. The giants have won 2 sb's because of their front 4 (and luck) and now the texans and 49ers might make the sb because of their running game and defenses.

Smith is now a bus driver. You don't have to be a great QB when you run the ball and play defense.

186 vs GB
    148 vs Lions
    89 vs Vikings
    245 vs Jets
    311 vs Bills

I can't stand the texans. I live in houston and I see all the excitement for the texans (which makes it more depressing). However, the texans and 49ers are the most balanced teams in a watered down league.

Its depressing that the Cowboys are 122-122 in the last 15 or 16 years. Our GM cannot build a team to have success in a watered down league since free agency. I am down like I was in 87 & 88. It was depressing to only see 30,000 attend home games and no hope of winning soon. (Then Jerry bought the team and hired Jimmy and we were the BEST again 4 years later).

I don't see that happening soon unless the GM is replaced, which we know will never happen unless the stadium goes empty or opposing fans buy tickets Cowboy fans are putting up for sell. That will hit jerry's pocket and ego.

I can imagine what its going to be like when the stealers and the saints come in December. I have tickets to those two games.

I live in houston and I'm a season ticket holder. I only go to half the games and sell the rest to Cowboys fans only. Now that may be a tough sell.
  3. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm one of them. I admit it.
  4. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!!! nicely said brain, nicely said!
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,348 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    I'm not a fair weather fan...

I've been a houston texans fan since David Carr beat dallas week 1
  6. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,838 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    This was a great post! .. and exactly how I feel.

#reality
  7. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

896 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    It's because Jerry is a great businessman...every year, he has us believing that this team is a championship contender and most of us eat it right up, myself included.
  8. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,956 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    U obviously didn't even take the time to read my post. I said I generally like his posts. It's the fact that he often tries to tell people how to be a fan that rubs people the wrong way.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    Yep. Not going to change who I am, nor what I say.
  10. Hostile

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    I'll tell you why I point out what bandwagon or fair weather fan is. Because they are the ones who set themselves up as a moral compass to accuse that "you must be fine with mediocrity." Which one is closer the the truth? To get the answer look up what a fair weather fan is. It's real simple to me, if someone doesn't want to be viewed as a fair weather fan, don't be one. Have you ever noticed that most of the posters who have a username that has some version of 4 life in it, never have anything good to say about the team they purport to love? It makes me really wary of motives.
  11. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

805 Messages
    427 Likes Received

I've been this way for several years now. It's called reality.

After JJ pulled his little BS of firing Johnson, the one hope I had was that JJ hated losing as much as I do and will soon have the pieces in place for another good run.

I now know how naive that thought was. I have accepted that my Cowboys are going to continue to be what they are now, a major disappointment.

Regardless, they are still my team. Always have been, always will be. I will still watch all the games and read all the news. And every year I will still hold that glimmer of hope that they are going to be really good, until reality sets in once more.
  12. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,142 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I just loved Woodson but didn't we all?
  13. Hostile

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    He is a class act that I respect a lot.
  14. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,142 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    He brought it every week. I used to think the same of James Washington
  15. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I dont see this team as the same one during the wade era or before. They work hard, study hard and play hard. They will fight it out to the bitter end. Do they have problems yes, but so does every other team in the NFL. 16 years of being average does stink because we want everything fixed NOW! It doesnt work that way. They will get there sooner than later
  16. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Welcome to every season, ever. From now until you're six feet under.
  17. casmith07

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Food for thought-

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Go find articles written by JJT the year we went 11-5. I guarantee you they sounded the same.

You can ***** and complain all you want about everything but ultimately some teams are going to get lucky bounces, and some aren't.

I just can't for the life of me subscribe to the idea that Jerry Jones or anyone else has anything to do with interceptions flipping off Witten's foot. I just can't.

I tell you what I'm sick of? Fans *****ing.
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Win a Super Bowl and I guarantee you no more fans will be complaining.
  19. casmith07

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    How much you want to bet?

We'll have people criticizing Romo for holding the Lombardi with his throwing hand instead of his left hand.
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't be ridiculous. If we win the Super Bowl you know damn well everyone will be happy. People say the Cowboys have the whinest fan base in sports which may be true, but you wanna know why they're whiny? We haven't won a Super Bowl in over 15 years. As a young fella I have never even witnessed one myself and I desperately want too. As a fan base we're all so hungry for that elusive sixth Super Bowl Championship. We're sick and tired of seeing the same mediocre football team every single year. We're of being teased and led to believe this football team can be a truly great team only to be let down in the end. It's sickening and it has made all of us so whiny or whatever you wanna call it.

We all love this football team so much. There's a reason we're all still here after years and years of losing and mediocrity. I'm not gonna lie when we do win a Super Bowl again I will cry my eyes out. I'm not gonna even lie. I'm so hungry for a Super Bowl I cannot even really explain it. There is no other prize in sports that is better or tougher to accomplish than the Super Bowl. Another thing is seeing all those great players who have been with us for so long and gave us so many great years win a Super Bowl like DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten, and Tony Romo would be so freaking awesome. Those guys deserve it so bad. I love those guys and what they've done for us. It would make me absolutely sick of those guys didn't win a Super Bowl here in Dallas with the Cowboys.

Please, please Cowboys win a Super Bowl. This young fella is starving for one and so is every other Cowboy fan.

Get it done. :starspin