1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Seems Like Cowboy Fans Are Really Down

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,956 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    I have no idea if u were trying to take a backhanded shot at me specifically or not, but if u were, search through my posting history and discover that I'm definitely NOT one of those posters that are always negative towards the team. I think you'll find the opposite. That doesn't mean I won't call a spade a spade. This year our offense has been pretty terrible. No way To sugar coat it. I think it will improve, but the team needs to do it on the field and not in the media.
  2. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,215 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    No one would criticize which hand he holds it in as long as he doesn't drop it.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As long as the recievers don't hold it we should be good. ;)
  4. Sampson

Sampson Member

109 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Beasley could hold it..... but he might leave with it and bring it back a couple days later.
  5. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

590 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Do you subscribe to the idea that Jerry Jones' ownership style has held the team back?

Of course he's not responsible for on the field errors but he's directly responsible for the poor OL, the poor coaching hires, the Ware or nothing pass rush, and the all flash and very little substance receiver known as Dez Bryant.

Sure you need a little luck to win in the NFL but let's not pretend that the Cowboys are just some team saddled with bad luck. The fact of the matter is if the Cowboys had a real GM in place they'd be in a better position to overcome some of those unlucky bounces.

Finally, you're tired of fans *****ing? Ever heard of the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"? I want fans to ***** about the product. In fact I question their desire to win if they aren't *****ing. We aren't the Cincinnati Bengals, we're the Dallas Cowboys. There's a rich history of winning in Dallas. Fans should be pissed that we're stuck in mediocrity for close to two decades.

I'd like to see the fans make Jerry feel uncomfortable and voice their displeasure rather than them siting back lapping up his annually flawed product while clapping like trained seals.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    good post
  7. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,888 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    :hammer:

No one in the league, not even Al Davis, would have kept Jerry in a football position for 15+ years with this kind of performance.
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,616 Messages
    2,165 Likes Received
    good post
    get ready to be labelled a "fair weather fan"
    jerry is a football idiot and anyone with any knowledge of football and common sense knows it
  9. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We know Romo would fumble it or throw an int with it :p:
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    There was no swipe at anyone. If people feel stung by my fair weather commentary, isn't that on them if I am not singling them out? It means they feel a little bit of guilt.

It's like saying, "Some people just stink," and having someone reply, "I do not." Were you talking about that person, or some people who stink? It's not the same as saying, "Dude, you stink."

So if I haven't called you a fair weather fan, then I am not calling you one. Are there fair weather fans here? Absolutely. Might they feel stung by the comment? Possibly, and guess what? If they do, it's because they know they really are.

If you aren't in that group, don't feel stung by my commentary. If you feel stung, stop being a fair weather fan. That's my advice to everyone, because either you are or you're not, and both pieces of advice are good.
  11. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,356 Messages
    613 Likes Received

Great post. I mean GREAT post.

Too many hats not directly related to the Cowboys. Too many hats directly related to the Cowboys. Fails us as soon as he wakes each day.

But, best you shush your mouth...............he's Jerry By God Jones.
  12. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,213 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    You, sir, are either a fair weather fan or a bandwagon fan. I am still trying to determine which. Can you post more well thought out, intelligent and realistic views? I just want to be certain before I label you. ;)
  13. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It has nothing to do with feeling stung by your comments, that's silly.

While you might not be calling people out specifically, you are still generalizing people into that category that don't meet your criteria of what it means or takes to be a real fan.

But like I said earlier, negative fans, positive fans, kool aid drinkers and cliff jumpers are all fans..whether you agree with them or not does not make anyone less of a fan.

A fair weather fan on the other hand is not a real fan, it's someone who only shows support when they are doing well. So just because someone has given up hope for their team doesn't mean they are a fair weather fan. Just because someone calls you out for " being ok with mediocrity" doens't make them a fair weather fan.
  14. Sampson

Sampson Member

109 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I am also a fan of fair weather
  15. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    It ain't that serious. I am a huge fan, but at the end of the day, how the Cowboys perform is not a reflection of me.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,869 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    Exactly right. and as I said before, I have singled no one out as that. So if it does not describe YOU (meaning anyone reading it) then there is no need to be offended by it.
  17. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,388 Messages
    2,991 Likes Received
    If more accepted this truism... And it is a truism.

If more accepted that point, there would be far fewer posts that cause other posters and moderators consternation.
  18. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,250 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Meh I will always be here. The Cowboys keep me entertained for at least 16 weeks every year. But I will never give up.

2-2 and moving on up.

Go Cowboys!
  19. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    MichaelWinicki
    Well, I can't claim to have always felt that way. But by extension of my misery year after year, I was having an effect on my wife's mood, and as the saying goes, happy wife, happy life. So I had to come to grips with the reality of the situation. Not to say, I don't get pissed on game day anymore...I do. But in the scheme of things, it really isn't worth allowing it to ruin your day, week, or year.
  20. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,113 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: