1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Seems that the two most overrated "elite" QBs

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by blindzebra, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,933 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    What we are seeing is that those two guys have lost their run game and neither has a dominant defense anymore. In other words, they are playing in the same situation Romo has been in for the last few years.

If those two guys were in Dallas, that is the kind of QB play we would have been seeing, and their early-season performance should make people realize just how good Tony actually is. The fact that there are still people who think Romo is not a great QB is ABSOLUTELY baffling.
    BIGDen and khiladi like this.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,523 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    This.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    End quote.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    Yep. "Other than that, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"
    Blackspider214 and BIGDen like this.
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I don't understand why Eli and Ben aren't using their magical leadership abilities to turn their teams around. I was told these guys just have "it".
    BIGDen likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

759 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I've always thought Eli was overrated and have disliked him personally since his stunt before being drafted by the Giants. I watched the 2007 Super Bowl with a group of about 10 guys and said Eli was a product of the system and their defense, with the other 9 guys completely disagreeing. I said Umenyiora was the MVP and when Eli got the award, every one of them was trash talking me. Eli is the classic case of the QB getting too much credit when a team plays well.
    BIGDen likes this.
  7. Padd

Padd Member

152 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    ...and the dropped TD pass to Fasano to open the second half.
    khiladi likes this.
  8. Idgit

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    Moar leadership?!?!!
  9. Idgit

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    Awesome avatar, btw. :)
    Padd likes this.
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    There's a distinct lack of fiery on the sidelines.
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    96 passer rating in those playoffs. 6 TD's to 1 INT

103 passer rating in 2011 playoffs. 9 TD's to 1 INT

He stepped it up in the postseason to lead their offense. Got the credit he deserved, imo.
    Wayne02, BraveHeartFan and khiladi like this.
  12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,525 Messages
    1,768 Likes Received
    Romo has also had t work with Jason Garrett as OC. The Giants feast off of play-action and now they nu running game. BR is now playing with Haley, so that also adds to his descent...
    BraveHeartFan likes this.
  13. Idgit

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    I think I spotted a backwards hat on the PIT sideline last night!
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received

Yawwwwwnn..

You guys sure crack yourselves up, huh? :p
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    !!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Idgit likes this.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    I agree and give him credit. Only reason I havein not putting eli in what I think is elite group is because while he has looked great in some years he has looked like a dog in others. He is a fine QB and clearly a team can win with him but unlike the Brady, Brees, Peyton they produce year in and year out. The accompishments of the team overall may not be the same results but their play is. To me elite is not SB it is like any position the ability to perform at a very high level year in and year out.
  17. Idgit

29,597 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    I knew it. He needs to turn it inside out, if the early season here is any indication of how it's going to go in PIT. Rally time, Steelers. So much fun to watch.

Mocking 'leadership' comments and hat-fashion is high-comedy in these parts, RtH. Making fun of the Stealers and the Giants is gravy. While I agree with you completely about how well Eli played in his Superbowl run, that doesn't make me enjoy the dismal play by two of my four most-hated teams so far this season any less. :)
  18. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,603 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Most overrated QBs in the league are Griffin III and Kaepernick, IMHO. The extreme fanfare for those two was way premature. It will be interesting to see how things go for them now that DC's have had an offseason to look at film. To me, it looks like RG3's injury has really put a damper on the read option, league-wide.
  19. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,753 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    In his 1st superbowl victory, didn't Ben have like a 25 QB rating. Seriously...........
  20. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,753 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    RGknee is nothing without that gimmick offense. If they decide to let him take off running again, his career will be cut short by at least 3-4 years.