1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sending Jerry a Message By Not Buying Cowboys Merchandise - Question?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

758 Messages
    285 Likes Received

Being satisfied or not and not supporting your team the same as when they are winning are two different things. The later means you are a "front runner" fan or a "bandwagoner" by definition. At least that how those terms are commonly defined.
    Heelsboy and casmith07 like this.
  2. Carharris2

758 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    If we start winning with Jerry will you continue this powerful boycott?
    Heelsboy, casmith07 and Hostile like this.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,989 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    I think front runner fan it the appropriate term.
    casmith07 likes this.
  4. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,112 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I agree mostly. I think a lot of young fans and female fans are created solely as the result of an established male fan's inlfuence (father, boyfriend, etc.) But you are right- much of that exists because of the success and popularity of the Boys in the 80's and 90's. If that success isn't added to soon, with a current Cowboys team, the fan base is sure to decrease in size. I, for one, have admittedly (unfortunately) lost some interest. Partly because of age, but mostly because this team isn't what it was and it's getting tired- living off of the reputation/glory days of yesteryear.

It's time to move on from Jerry- but I won't deny his influence on this team and the NFL has been AWESOME- for better or worse. I do fear for what (whom) the alternative would/could be.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  5. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,036 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    I don't know his much Jerry makes annually but let's says he went from $50 million to $48 million. He would take another drink and laugh at all the people who didn't buy cowboys stuff thinking it would affect him.
  6. Spectre

Spectre Well-Known Member

2,112 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are much bigger than Jerry Jones. As the NFL is much bigger than the players, who make way too much damn money if you ask me.
  7. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    I am realistic and don't think that they will win all 16, but there is never a game I sit down to watch where I think "this is going to be a loser"....I am a math guy and usually speak in probabilities and stats, but that doesn't change that I expect them to win each week (until they don't)
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Is Jerry going to provide 20 years of winning to make up for these last 20 years? I have my doubts that I will have to make that decision anytime soon. Please continue with your support though. The fans that keeps showing their approval deserves the product that he puts in the field.
    Dodger12, ufcrules1 and Risen Star like this.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    The realist in me won't allow that. I look at the opposing team, and if they are better, I expect a loss.
    ufcrules1 and Risen Star like this.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,255 Messages
    2,813 Likes Received
    That is a pretty crappy attitude.
    Heelsboy and casmith07 like this.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I don't fear the alternative when it comes to the GM position. Jerry is a good owner and promoter of the Cowboys and the NFL. I will give him credit for the success as an owner. The one short coming that he has as an owner is his refusal to fire the GM. If Jerry would step away from the GM position, he would not be as involved with the team. I wish a real GM is hired , but Stephen seems to be preparing for the position. He is just a younger version of Jerry. I think the fuzzy-headed grandson will be next. I won't outlive the Jones family.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,716 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    LOL @ fearing the alternative at the GM position. That made my day! Man ..
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Please explain. You can't have it both ways. I take heat for expecting more from this team and some posters even say unreasonable expectations. They defend the direction of the team to the bitter end. If a fan defends this mess and the repeated bad decisions, you deserve the result. TwkecFarrett as an example. His clock management during games is really bad . For those that continue to want Garrett and his clock issues as HC, they shouldn't be upset when he loses a couple of games because of those issues. They knew it was coming and they are getting what they asked for. They have to take the bad with the good.
  14. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

1,997 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    No it's not. A bandwagon fan was never a "fan" of the team until it started winning. It has nothing to do with how you support your team through the good and bad times. I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. I own multiple Jerseys from the 90's players; they earned my money. I don't own any from the current crop. If I don't like a product or service, then I'm not paying for it. By your definition, if I don't buy jerseys or support this team the same as I did in the 90's, then I'm a banwaggoner. It's not. I call it being an informed consumer.
    Tawney88 and jnday like this.
  15. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

1,997 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    A lot of us wouldn't know. This team has been losing for a long time and fans are still here. It's almost 20 years and I'm still waiting for them to win (again). You folks want to have some fanboy contest and tell people how to be a fan, who is a better fan or how much of a better fan some might be then others here. Have at it but the fanboy stuff is pretty lame. .
    Tawney88 and jnday like this.
  16. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    so, last year, when we played in philly, you expected to lose? Again, I have no expectations of a 16-0 regular season for this team or any team...but, I think every time that a game starts that the cowboys can win the game if they play well....if the team has the same realist attitude, then why even show up this year in seattle? just call them and say "we expect to lose so we aren't coming"
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    They can stay home and save themselves the trouble with the Seahawks. I fully expect them to lose. I am sure that some of the players have their doubts. That shouldn't stop them from making the effort though. They are paid to play this game and they should do what they are paid to do. If you look at the team's record during Garrett's time as HC, they have played the game like a perfect 8-8 team. They win against the teams with losing records and lose against teams with winning records. I feel like they will follow that trend again this year.
  18. Carharris2

758 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Yes. That makes perfect sense. I will totally keep enabling Jerry.
    So the boycott will last 20 years after and if we start winning?

Ok. As others have said. I guess there's a difference. You are the typical front runner fan. It's easy to pull for a team when they are good. IMO the true fans are the ones that still support the team in tough times.
    Heelsboy likes this.
  19. Carharris2

758 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Ok fine. You're a front runner fan.
    Heelsboy and jazzcat22 like this.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,496 Messages
    2,002 Likes Received
    But we aren't the team. We can be hope they win but be objective about their actual chances and it doesn't make one difference about what happens on the field. Our attitudes affect the team as much as they do the weather.
    jnday likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.