1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Senior Bowl Practices: Who helped themselves?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dcfanatic, Jan 29, 2010.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,794 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    I really DOUBT that one or two games can mess up your career unless you get badly injured. He never had more then 25 carries in any game, I believe. He is going downhill because he chose to keep hitting bigger and stronger players game after game and it wears a player down to do that. THere is NO one to blame for that except HIM.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Yeah, I wonder if the desire for big WRs is a holdover from the Parcells era when he wanted bigger players at all positions.

We've drafted so few WRs the last several years, who really knows what we like. :eek::
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    I don't think so. I think this might go back to Jerry looking for the next Michael Irvin.
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    It is not necessarily how many runs but also how much abuse you take as you mentioned.

Barber was fine until Garrett made the mistake of overplaying him and since then he has been a shell of his former self despite the absence of a truly huge injury (he did have a dislocated toe which held him out the last few games in 2008 but other than that, no huge ones).
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,878 Messages
    1,477 Likes Received
    Easily... the dude probably has grandkids and he has a injury history that would scare 50 cent.

I think Shipley goes in r3 or 4.

He's a one contract guy. 4 or 5 year NFL career.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,567 Messages
    5,487 Likes Received
    I'm no NFL scout, but if I felt that way about him, I'd tell the GM not to spend anything higher than a 5th on him.