1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Senior Bowl weigh in results

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Manwiththeplan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,186 Messages
    345 Likes Received
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    it's like Christmas morning!
  3. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,186 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    At 6'7, 315 pounds and 35+ inch arms, how can anyone so easily dismiss the notion that Gabe Carimi is a RT only? I think he would be more effective there, especially for us since we have Free, but I think he could be a solid LT in the NFL.

Allen Bailey measured in smaller than I hoped, 6'3 and sub 280, while I think he can carry another 10-15 pounds, he may actually be best in a 4-3
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,293 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    Names that stuck out to me:

Devine, Noel 5'7" 160 lbs - Whoa, that is super tiny. He is smaller than Darren Sproles... by a lot.

Herzlich, Mark 6'3" 250 - Really packed the weight back on, that'll help his stock.

Love, DeMarcus - Listed as an OG, wasn't he a T? Looks like he wants to move inside.

Matthews, Casey - I knew he was under 6'1", dude is 6 and a half inches tall and 232 lbs, that's gonna hurt him but I'd still take him in the 5th. Gonna be hard for him to play in the 3-4 though without excellent DE/NT play in front of him. :(

Miller, Von - 6'2.5" 237 - He could have helped himself by showing up over 240 here to partially silence the nervous Nellie's, but I don't really care about his size.

Paea, Stephen - 6'1" 295 lbs effectively removes him from 3-4 contention, but he's gonna be good for someone.

Solder, Nate - 6'8" 314 So he's not 10 feet tall afterall, just 6'8"
  5. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ahmad Black looked ripppppppppppppped at 185.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,953 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    He is not a guy that is going to put on a ton of weight. He may be able to max out at 250 lbs, but I think anything past that would compromise his speed and quickness.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Cam Jordan with prototype 3-4 DE size. Really long arms for a 6'4" guy and freakishly big hands.
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Black, Ahmad Florida S 5'9.3" 183 lbs 29½ arms 9⅝ arms

Lol, can we stop the Bob Sanders comparisons now?

We want a 183 lb safety coming downhill on a 270 lb Brandon Jacobs? That's not only bad football, but bad physics.
  9. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am not so sure - he feet are to slow - but thats what all the bowls are for
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Anyone else still think Solder is going way higher than people are saying now? If he's as athletic as everyone claims, anyway. I can't figure out why he isn't rated higher already except that Colorado is so bad right now nobody pays attention to them.
  11. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like (not love) Stephen Paea as a prospect, but I continue to struggle to see where he fits in a 3-4.

His height and weight only affirm those concerns.

His best fit would be as DT in a 4-3.
  12. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received

lol whoever was comparing him to Sanders is an idiot to begin with.

He's a player, regardless of how much he weighs.
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because he's not as great as a lot of folks make him out to be. Despite his reported athleticism, he struggles with speed rushers getting up the field on him. Also, like most tall OT, he struggles with defensive linemen getting up underneath him.

I think he's a solid late 1st round pick.
  14. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received

this makes you many friends
  15. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You come here to make friends?
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

sad.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I don't claim that he's that great right now, but if he's really that athletic at that size, someone will take a chance on him IMO.

Have you watched him much?
  17. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    at least respected

evidently you don' t care about that either

an you man love over Shorty Black ts shameful :flex:

18. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wasn't being a smart#$@ when I responded to you, just giving some reasons.

Yes, I have seen him play in three games this season. He's a good prospect, alot like Vollmer for the Patriots. This is a weak OT class as you know and he's benifiting from that IMO. He's likely going to need a lot of time in the training room and won't be a guy that you can plug in on Day 1.
  19. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    On Youtube there's footage of him in every snap against Missouri (Aldon Smith) and Cal, and he's doesn't look very good. Despite good numbers of paper, he doesn't come off very coordinated nor does he look like he has very good balance. He looks like giraffe on rollerskates a lot of times. Aside from the fact that he hasn't been playing offensive line very long, he looks like he's also still getting adjusted to a new body that has put on about 70 lbs. since he's been in college.
  20. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    I don't. Hell, I come here to make enemies. :cool: