1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Shady or What?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Doomsday, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,401 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Ok I am in first place in this league and have been pretty dominate all season. A few of the last place teams havent been submitting lineups the last few weeks and have pretty much quit. Now the third place team, who happens to be the commish, just made a crazy trade with one of the teams that has quit and I am pissed. Plus the team he traded with didnt bother to submit a lineup this week and all 3 players he traded for are on the bench. I think its a bunch of BS to let a last place team dump all their best players to a playoff team and that this is a total joke so I am not going to be paying my $100 and am quitting the league. Am I wrong?

He traded Burress, LJ Smith and Palmer for Brady, NE defense and Dallas Clark.
  2. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wrong? No way in heck.

As a commish in a few leagues with commish trade veto and knowing the types of trades that are vetoed in my "managers vote" leagues, I'd say that there's no way that trade would be allowed.

I probably would veto the trade if it were Palmer/Burress/Smith for just Brady, let alone two legitimate throwins.
  3. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    And this is a pay league?

How does a pay league have 3 owners out and out quit?
  4. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,401 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Yep it is a pay league and this will be my first and only year in it. Pretty ********.
  5. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My only question was how didn't the commisioner get the money up front.

Seriously, pay league only work when the money's collected before the draft. Otherwise, crap teams bail and never pay up.
  6. Armbender

Armbender Member

193 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    gotta put in place earlier trade deadlines.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    There is the problem. I don't join leagues and don't run leagues with guys who don't patrticipate. It only leads to headaches as you are experiencing. Also, the trading deadline should have been at least 2 weeks ago.