1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sham: 'A lot of folks' think Alabama's Mark Barron can step in and play for Cowboys

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    In the last five years, we've used first rounders on Spencer, Felix, Jenkins, Roy, Dez, and Tyron. So that's four out of six on offense.

But we're spending all of our firsts on defense? How the offense getting neglected again?
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,783 Messages
    2,512 Likes Received
    Who said the Offense is being neglected? I missed that one.
  3. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    "Forget it, he's on a roll."
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    29th in the NFL in receiving yards and 38th in the NFL in receptions? I would put that in the WR2 category. He's sandwhiched around guys like Pierre Garcon and Malcolm Floyd, and I don't consider them to be #1 WRs. Especially for a team with 570 pass attempts and #1 WR that was injured or hampered the entire year, Dez had ample opportunity to rack up Top 20 accumulative numbers.

No doubt he's a major weapon in the red zone. The Cowboys throw a lot in the red zone too (5th in the NFL in passing TDs), which is one of the biggest reasons we have so few rushing TDs. Why run the ball into the teeth of 9 man goalline front when Dez is almost automatic on a pylon fade?
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,085 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    and I'd argue that Garcon and Floyd are more than adequate #2s. overall I do agree with your point, just think u went a tad too far
  6. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,269 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Some of the stuff I'm reading is making my head hurt.

This team has so many holes that there's really no point in arguing what position we should draft in the 1st or 2nd round. As long as we're getting guys that can help this team immediately.
  7. Noryb

Noryb Member

567 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I didn't look at the other teams but the year the Packers won the SB they were....

2nd in sacks
    2nd in ints
    2nd in pts allowed
    5th in passing yds allowed
    5th in total yds allowed

They surely weren't dominate on just one side of the ball.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,896 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    I do.
  9. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,758 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    You like Barron?

I think he would be an immediate starter for us and would be fine with the selection.

He's not my first option at 14 but let's not act like he can't play or have an impact on our D.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,896 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    I do and I think he'll be our pick. .02