1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Sham: Romo's overthrow to TWill was different route...Romo vid Post #79

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 17, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,141 Messages
    6,926 Likes Received
    big dog cowboy likes this.
  2. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,002 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    I thought he just got pressure and misfired. I didn't think romo did anything wrong or Williams did anything wrong. But hey it's Williams first game I will give him a pass. I would've thought he would've played more then he did though.
  3. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    1,321 Likes Received
    Hmmmm, need to see the play again now as it looked pretty clear to me Romo simply overthrew the pass.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,671 Messages
    9,900 Likes Received
    Well whatever he did, it worked. He was wide open.
    CowboyMcCoy likes this.
  5. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,740 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    The play did look a little odd. Williams didn't seem to be going full speed until the ball was thrown. A shame, too, because that was an easy TD.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,027 Messages
    2,259 Likes Received
    I don't care if it was the wrong route or not. Romo saw the adjustment Williams made and just straight up overthrew him.
    Gemini Dolly likes this.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,443 Messages
    6,001 Likes Received
    We're believing the "Waters deal is dead" guy?
  8. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

1,441 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    I only saw the play once and at full speed and that's what it looked like to me, could be wrong I guess.
  9. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Overthrow still, but it happens to the best of them.
  10. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    1,321 Likes Received
    Just saw the replay and it still looks like Romo overthrew the ball, regardless of a bad route or not.
  11. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,043 Messages
    1,083 Likes Received
    No, it was obvious that Romo made the throw expecting Williams to run a different route.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,027 Messages
    2,259 Likes Received
    What other route could he have ran? lol

He was sprinting wide open down the sideline and the ball was overthrown.

If the wrong route was ran then Romo knew it and had already adjusted before he ever threw the ball.
    tantrix1969 and RoyTheHammer like this.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,429 Messages
    2,284 Likes Received
    They were talking on another channel and had Jesse Holley there and he read Romo's lips when Williams came back to the huddle. Evidently Williams was staring down Romo suggesting, "get me the ball."

Romo squared him away by saying don't stare at me, just come back to the huddle.

Wrong route? I'm not buying it, Brad.
  14. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    As a Baylor alum, it pains me to say that Williams was not impressive in his debut. I know he will get better. I was really disappointed that Coale did not step up.
  15. CowboyStar88

5,002 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    Wait didn't Jesse Holley also claim that Dez ran the wrong route last week? And it comes out that both he and Romo just made a great adjustment. Williams doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. Also he is a rookie I highly doubt he is going to "stare" down the franchise QB who has been doing this for a long time. It was his first game. I'm not buying what Holley is selling.
    Mansta54 likes this.
  16. CowboyStar88

5,002 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    Also how could you see if Williams was saying anything he wears a visor sounds like Holley is trying to stir the pot
  17. CowboyStar88

5,002 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    I think Williams showed his talent. He will get better for sure. I agree on Coale he had a chance to make some noise and he didn't.
  18. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    This is the positive. His rapport with TR will improve.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  19. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,429 Messages
    2,284 Likes Received
    Williams wasn't talking. He was glaring at Romo as if to say, Gert me the ball. Sorry if I didn't articulate that well.

They went on about how this was Rom,o being a leader and telling the rookie to keep his mind on the game and not politicking for the ball and such.

I have no clue what Jesse Holley said last week.
  20. CowboyStar88

5,002 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    Good on Romo but I wonder if Williams was looking at Romo saying man we had them! And Romo comes back saying we will get them next time. I don't think it's what Holley was suggesting. Williams doesn't strike me as that kinda kid. After what Holley said last week about Dez running the wrong route and now this. I'm not sure I will believe anything that comes out of his mouth. He was wrong last week.