1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Sham: Romo's overthrow to TWill was different route...Romo vid Post #79

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 17, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,833 Messages
    1,616 Likes Received
    Holy Cow.
    A voice of logic!
  2. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    It's allot to expect a rookie to read defenses good enough to be on the same page as the vet QB. It's the same stuff thats been going on with Dez and his learning curve. I have no reason not to believe Romo. He was closer to the play than me.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,833 Messages
    1,616 Likes Received
    Maybe so, but I bet they are missed less than 80-90% of QBs out there.
  4. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,376 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    EGGGSACTLY!!! Romo can't seem to shake off catastrophic events and they always seem to happen with the whole nation watching.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,500 Messages
    3,333 Likes Received
    Not sure many people have read/heard Romo's comments. So much of the speculation in this thread has been based purely Sham's twitter post.

I tend to go with Sham and Romo and believe that it wasn't that T-Will ran the wrong route, he simply made the wrong adjustment...and fortunately, it was a no harm/no foul type of situation and one he can learn from.

This truly wasn't an at-fault type of play and I think some folks need to chill a little bit on the criticism. As I stated, Romo has his warts, but he isn't always at fault either.
  6. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,219 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    Why can't it be both? TW may not have made the right adjustments, but when Romo sees a WR streaking wide open down the sideline, he HAS to hit him. Put a little more air under the ball and it's an easy TD.
    PA Cowboy Fan and ufcrules1 like this.
  7. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,411 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    This is going to be a long, long season.
  8. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Not really. I'm not falling for the okie doke

Seen Romo miss that exact pass a dozen times
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  9. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    But pretty much all QB's- even the best, will have missed or will miss passes like that "a dozen times".

Just watch other teams from time to time- there is no perfect QB.

This debate is silly anyways.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  10. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Its not about defending Romo.

I defend Romo sometimes, too. What i was referring to was the overall threads that always get made everytime Romo makes any kind of mistake and then you see 7 pages of "reasons" why it wasn't really Romo's fault.

My sarcasm was for the thread, not for your specific reply.
  11. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    I could care less about another squad

Romo needs to get better at throwing that pass. It pretty much cost us a playoff spot in 2011.
  12. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,219 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    I would sat that hitting WRs on broken plays is one of his strong points. That Austin miss did hurt though.
  13. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    OK. I get that. I wasn't defending him though. I was talking about the WR and WR's in general.

I don't like to be pigeon-holed.
    It seems most poster are "black or white" in their opinions and I believe it's a lot more complex than that. Both positive and negative.

I like your posts, for the most part, RTH. you generally have an even-keel, so it was a shock to see you come at me like that.

No hard feelings, my friend.
  14. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    You're right, he does.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    He has had times in the past where he's missed pretty wide open receivers.. but i agree, its not a huge deal right now.

Im more upset at the overall results from the game. All of those fumbles came in situations where the ball shouldn't have come out.

Then the 3 interceptions on top of that.. 6 turnovers in all.. not good, and not something that should happen in the 3rd preseason game.

I wouldn't be as concerned if it happened against Miami.. just reminds me too much of recent seasons.
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Yea, i didn't mean it that way, and im sorry you took it that way.

It was more i responded to your post, and then added something about the thread in general. I was trying to say it like, "you know how these threads always go" with people going to any length to defend Romo from any mistake.

Like i said though, i defend Romo many times (and i understand you weren't here) because there's alot of bs that gets said about him from people who just want him gone and don't seem to allow themselves to see any of the good that he brings us.

I agree, i wish people could not make everything so "black and white" and simply acknowledge all the good that Romo brings us while being realistic about the bad, too.
    Corso likes this.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Actually, there were times last year where i wished they would just sit Tony down and let Orten start a few games.

I can only take so much of the "gunslinger" when he's making so many miscues.. it makes me really want to see one of the better "busdrivers" in the league get a chance.

I wish Tony wouldn't try to force so many balls sometimes.. sadly, that's who he is. The "gunslinger" mentality.. always trying to make the big play instead of just going through his progressions and taking what the defense gives him. Alot of times, that's really all it takes. Nickle and dime them all the way down the field.

THEN, when you finally get them frustrated enough and keying on all the short stuff, you hit them with the long ball.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I don't see how Williams was at fault at all. The ball was thrown right to the sideline. If there was a route adjustment made by Williams, Romo saw it and threw it the way he was headed. Plus, he was wide open behind the entire defense. So whatever route adjustment he did make, if it gets you wide open behind the entire D.. it was probably a good read on your part.

He overthrew it.. it happens. Lets just admit it, and get over it.
    PA Cowboy Fan and ufcrules1 like this.
  19. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,880 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    You know, it's funny. I felt that Romo did try to do that, but he would get impatient with the "dink and dunk" and start slinging it again- and then bad things happened. Especially when they got down on the scoreboard.
  20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Ummmmmm.....those two guys have I think FOUR rings between them and COUNTLESS playoff wins....are you kidding me with that garbage?

Those are precisely the mistakes you rarely ever see either one of those guys make while Romo keeps making excuses.