1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Shaub for Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pokes12, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,388 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Would Dallas get draft picks as well?
  2. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

997 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    My Mind Is Blown.

Even for the romo haters out there, they would even agree that schuab is in no way shape or form equal or better then romo.
  3. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,482 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    Stop having them.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,794 Messages
    965 Likes Received
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,880 Messages
    7,279 Likes Received
    That's what fans do. Not talented enough? Blame the play calling. It's much easier on the homer psyche.
  6. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,234 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    :lmao2: Thanks man, I needed the laugh.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,491 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    Like on the 1st drive yesterday when Shaub had Johnson open in the back of the endzone and he threw it in the stands?

The Cowboys get in the redzone and we start committing penalties. Thats been a staple of Jason's offense. We have 3 or 4 good plays followed up by 2 or 3 bad ones mixed with penalties.
  8. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,668 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    HAHAHAHA. Schaub is a bum.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    I agree. You have to execute and it is harder the closer you get to the goal line as the defense no longer is defending as much of the field. Safety does not worry about being beat deep he only has to defense a smaller area. CB can play tighter to the man and LB can get up closer to the line of scrimmage.
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,034 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I don't want either....
  11. Doomsday101

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    That has nothing to do with play calling. Yes Garrett is held accountable by players mistakes but players still play the game they must execute. If a player jumps off sides that is not Garrett play calling that is a player making a mistake.

Fact is the 1st things fans do is holler is play calling they are doing it here in Houston as Dallas fans do as all other fans do. As if they knew a damn thing about play calling. If the play fails it must have been the coach well it is not always the coach if you don't block there is no call on the books that will alleviate the necessity of blocking.

Again it does fall to the coach if a player is messing up it is his job to get the player to perform or find someone who can but this non sense of well it is the play calling?
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,491 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    The playcalling sucks. The entire management of the offense is even worse.

Fans aren't always wrong either... I wouldn't be so quick to question fans when the guy in charge had no previous success as a coach, was a friend of the family, and pretty much had the job handed to him by a guy that isn't qualified to be calling the shots anyways.
  13. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Active Member

686 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Your user name could be the sequel to Brokeback Mountain.
  14. Doomsday101

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    That is how you feel then so be it. I think much of the complaints of play calling go away when we can hammer the ball in between the tackles down by the goal line.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,491 Messages
    1,679 Likes Received
    Hopefully we'll be disciplined enough to get to that point before it turns into a penalty fest.
  16. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,787 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Schaub is not as good as Romo and both cant win big games.
  17. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

550 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    :bow:
  18. Doomsday101

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    Your right fans are filled with knowledge of how to call plays. I'm sure Garrett does not understand anything and fans know the ansewer. He only grew up with the game, played the game at the highest level and has worked on the sideline but yes your vast experiance trumps that. :laugh2:

Believe it or not coaches in the NFL know a lot more than you guys seem to think. How do you know who is qualified what make you an expert? You have an opinion but give me a break because you claim it is play calling that is now a fact? NO IT IS NOT
  19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,794 Messages
    965 Likes Received
    Romo has won several big games in his career. The problem is that when he wins them they are no longer considered to be big games.
  20. Doomsday101

75,926 Messages
    2,146 Likes Received
    Penalties happen often time because the OL is getting beat off the snap, they are trying to gain the edge by getting out of their stance to the point they jump off sides or why player hold because often times they got beat and they end up holding as a result. Player still play this game they have to execute. As I said it is the coaches job to see to it that they do execute and if they don't it is the coaches job to find someone who can do the job.