1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Shaub for Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pokes12, Jan 14, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,088 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    She's just mad that Romo picked his bride over her.

:D
  2. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,402 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Thats the last time I tell you any secrets.
  3. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,402 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    I think hes got upside.
  4. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

581 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Next it will be Romo for Vick.:lmao2:
  5. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,088 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    :p:

:romothumbsup:
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,790 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    It will get better in March hopefully. When is the combine?
  7. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
  8. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,790 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    He was bad in his playoff game but put up an 87 QB rating over the season. It's only his second year. He is pretty good now and probably will get better.

He also threw the ball over 500 times which means he was carrying a much greater load then the Russell Wilsons and RG3s of the world who didn't even break 400 attempts.

Guy can play and if I was a Bengals fan wandering in the QB wilderness for decades I would be ecstatic.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    I like the kid's potential too.

Had a chance to watch him some in college here locally and have always liked him.
  10. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Did anyone listen to Mike and Mike this morning? They were talking about Matt Shaub. Ron Jaworski said that he was a top ten quarterback and that he just needed more playmakers around him. Chris Carter and Mike Golic both agreed with him and Greeney did not.

What struck me about this conversation is that exactly the same things they were saying about Shaub could have easily and more accuratley been said about Tony Romo. Seriously though, Would you rather have all that Shaub has going for him or Tony Romo's situation? Matt Shaub has a much better offensive line a more reliable number one receiver in Andre Johnson a much better running game with Arian Foster and Ben Tate, a much better defense and an actual home field advantage. Yet for some reason everyone wants to lay the blame for most of Dallas' problems on Tony Romo.

Given their current situations, I will take Tony Romo any day of the week.
  11. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,946 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    What the hell?

No.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    Jaworski normally does put Romo in the top 10.
    So does Staubach, Warner, Aikman, Dilfer....etc.

Regarding QBs, guys like Golic, Carter, and Greenie don't know too much...so it's grain of salt material.
  13. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    It's just that Shaub was basically given a pass because he didn't have a complete team around him. Yet how often has anyone in the national media used that point of view to defend Tony Romo. Give Tony Romo Matt Shaub's situation and I believe you would see a 13 -14 win team.
  14. Pokes12

Pokes12 Active Member

457 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Romo is a top ten talent. He can sling it. He can extend a play as well as anyone. He can't lead and he does not have that intangible "will to win". It is a shame. I really like him, but fundamentally he is an undrafted free agent from Eastern Illinois who revers Brett Favre!!!!! Tha says it all. Favre had one SB. Only because of Desmond Howard. How many Ws did Favre have at Texas stadium? Exactly the same number of SB trophies in the Eagles vitrine. Zero!!!
  15. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,959 Messages
    937 Likes Received
    We need a spring football league in this country. Bring back the USFL....:eek:
  16. Pokes12

Pokes12 Active Member

457 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    WFL was far better.
  17. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Member

323 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No darn way. I take Houston offensive line for Dallas line straight up.
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    I predict Houston drafts a QB high.
  19. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Member

323 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Fix the offensive line genius will be the Cowboys best year. A healthy o line protects Romo and the defense gets more rest. Very simple concept.:laugh1:
  20. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They had no answer the last 7 games of the season 27TDs 0 INT

What happens when you are not playing the Dolphins, Jags, Titans etc the first part of the year.

They talked about this for days on Houston sports radio how Schaub was invisible how they only throw one pass 25 yards down field. How Gary played scared. How the defense has disappeared down the stretch.