1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Short Write ups for DTs and DEs

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Mar 31, 2014.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,453 Messages
    3,730 Likes Received
    2014 Draft: Bring on the Clowney

The above is the title they used for this but I thought the one I used is better to describe what the article was...

It has a list of the top DEs and DTs and a brief write up for each.

2/17. *Kony Ealy, Missouri, 6-4, 273, 4.92, 1
    Former high-school standout as tight end, defensive end and a Missouri all-state basketball player who entered college at only 207 pounds. That athleticism is conspicuous in his burst off the line, quick spin moves and closing speed on whomever has the ball. He must continue to improve strength to disengage big NFL blockers, evidenced by his so-so 22 reps with 225 pounds on the bench at the combine. Some teams believe he shows instincts and range to be an OLB in the right 3-4 scheme and he showed good lateral agility in games and at the combine, where his 3-cone drill was fastest among defensive linemen (7.11 seconds).

Frankly: Showed versatility as defensive end and inside pass rusher and stock soared this spring as some teams bought into his potential use at linebacker. Ealy is very good, but must continue to improve overall, especially in strength, to live up to lofty expectations against a steady diet of athletic NFL blockers.

For the rest... http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-draft-bring-clowney-163719394--nfl.html
    Dash28, waving monkey and WoodysGirl like this.
  2. jubal

jubal Member

595 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    thanks for posting!! Gives perspective on prospects.
  3. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

505 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Seems like some RKGs right here. One at DE…

and another at DT..

I'm warming up to a trade down if Donald or Barr don't make it to 16. Maybe to Green Bay for 1/21, 3/85, and a mid-round pick in 2015.
    waving monkey likes this.
  4. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Good read, JJ Watt and Clowney would be entertaining for any fan to watch and I expect it to happen unless they get an offer they cant refuse
  5. bodi

bodi Active Member

529 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    nice read

if we trade back I would love to trade back up an get Stephon Tuitt