1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should I start Miles Austin?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by JonJon, Dec 8, 2011.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    This is the final week of the regular season. My scenario is simple: Win, and I'm in the playoffs. Lose, and I go home.

This has been a rough season (for this particular team). I lost Andre Johnson and Miles Austin early, two of my biggest offensive weapons. But with the emergence of Robinson, AJ Green, and Brandon Marshall, I managed to survive at 7-6.

But who do I start this week? Every point is going to matter in this matchup.

So far, NFL has the projected points as follows:

AJ Green: 8.70
    Robinson: 6.10
    Austin: 3.50

The dilemma? Austin has the most favorable matchup with AJ having the least. I've been reading up as much as I can to see how Miles has been progressing in practice. I'm leading toward starting Miles. What do you think?
  2. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I am leaning towards Miles instead of Robinson in my team's lineup. I will be reading everything I can between now and Sunday to confirm or deny that decision.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,636 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    I'm not sure how many WRs you plan to start, but i would not bench AJ Green for either Miles or Robinson.
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    I plan to start two. Brandon Marshall is definitely one. I have 3 RB's starting; Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and Marion Barber. I could sit Barber and start another WR, but I think he is a good play this week since Forte and Cutler are out.
  5. DFWJC

22,636 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    That's not a bad team for 7-6. Lynch and LRob saved your tail, didn't they. :D
  6. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Oh yeah! Plus I got both of them and Brandon Marshall from free agency. I gambled on DeAngelo Williams but he never panned out. My QB situation has sucked all season. I'm starting Matt Ryan currently since Josh Freeman has sucked all season and Rivers decided to have one of his worst seasons ever.
  7. DFWJC

22,636 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    If you still have Rivers, he may come through for you in the playoffs. He looks solid for this week. Ryan would be ok too vs carolina.
  8. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Yeah, I still have him. Ryan is getting the start this week, but I've been alternating them based on the match up.
  9. DFWJC

22,636 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    Get this:
    I have a team with RBs:
    Peterson
    Foster (acquired via trade for Newton)
    McFadden
    plus backups

WRs are : Marshall, Fitz, LRob
    TE: graham
    QBs: Romo, Manning

I thought it would be a total cake walk but both McFadden and Peterson went down. The team is still 11-2, but it could get rough in the playoffs.

Are you in the COWBOYZONE ESPN league? My team is decent there too at 10-3, nut one team is 12-1...jeesh.
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    That is a stacked team! I know losing Peterson hurts...I'm in a similar situation with another of my teams that is also 11-2.

Checkout this lineup:

QBs:
    Cam Newton
    Tony Romo

RBs:
    Adrian Peterson
    Matt Forte
    Steven Jackson
    Reggie Bush

WRs:
    Wes Welker
    Steve Smith
    Victor Cruz
    Laurent Robinson

I only lost during bye weeks when I had to shuffle players. I figured I would cruise through the finals, but after losing AP and Forte, it's going to be a lot harder than I thought.

No I waited too late for the Cowboyszone league. I wish I had though. Hope to get in next year.
  11. DFWJC

22,636 Messages
    2,017 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
    Good grief...what a monster team.
    What hurts with the Forte injury is that it came after the trade deadline. You had plenty of ammo to snag another stud RB if it had happened earlier. If you survive this week, then AP will be back.
    That team may still win it.
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Fortunately, the playoffs start next week in all my leagues, so this week, will not hurt if I lose, but I still expect a win.