1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should the Cowboys push to end the NFL draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by KB1122, Sep 5, 2012.

1. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,356 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Not that I want to ruin everyone's fun in this forum, but I would say they should consider pushing to end the NFL draft.

It would seem that the wealthiest team with the most fans and with the most lucrative single position in the league (qb of the DC) would be better off in a system where players sign with whomever they want to. We would essentially be the Manchester United of the NFL.

The draft is a way for the Charlotte Bobcats and the Jacksonville Jackalopes, or whatever they are, to unfairly coast on the big teams without putting in the value.

My dream scenario this past offseason was that the Cowboys should have signed Andrew Luck and forced the league to go to court to send him to Indianapolis. Given that the draft was on pretty dodgy legal footing during the labor negotiations, I'm not sure that a court would do it. Not that I'm a lawyer or anything.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,856 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Should the Cowboys ruin the NFL? No.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,170 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    Careful, I think there is drool on the pillow.
  4. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,404 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I don't want to wake up Paul Allen. Keep it the way it is.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Sure let's turn the NFL into MLB where the only teams that have a chance to win are the ones with the most money.
  6. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,419 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    So you're saying we got a shot? hahaha
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,010 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    I love the draft and would not like to see it go away, but I'll play a little devils advocate here...

Isn't this pretty much how the NCAA is run? I know teams are still limited to a degree by the number of scholarships they can offer, but year after year we see powerhouses like Alabama, LSU & USC load up on top recruits. Why couldn't it work in the NFL? Teams would still have a salary cap to deal with so its not like any team could sign every player they wanted to.
  8. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,787 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    I'd rather win cause we where a good team then because we're a rich team

This is why i never understood how someone could be a Lakers or Yankees fan the NBA and MLB bend over backwards to keep those teams at the top, where's the fun in that? It's like going to Vegas to stand by the roulette table and cheer for the house
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  10. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,510 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Sure, let's call it ARFL - the Ayn Rand Football League.
  11. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I would feel horrible for Browns fans. I couldn't do it.