1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should the hit on Romo be Fined?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Boyz981, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    the biggest problem for Romo is that there was another defender on the other side. When Kiwi hit him in the ribs with his helmet, Romo's body had no where to go so his ribs were left to absord the entire blow. If there's no crack, they are surely very bruised and sore right now.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Maybe we needed the refs from the Jets/Bucs game. Safety D. Goldson had two penalties with the new rule...One looked legit, the other did not look to be a penalty.
  3. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Then what is the point of having a rule about leading with the crown of your helmet? What is the point of trying to protect the QB league wide?
  4. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    he doesn't know the rules. he clearly thought the only issue with the helmet, was to the qb's head.
  5. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    What about when we had ware Spencer Ratliff all in their prime? I've always thought ware sacked a little too softly, like he was putting the qb in a soft wittle beddy by! He gets his sacks but I've always said qb's aren't scared of him. He doesn't hurt them.
  6. starfrombirth

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    That rule doesn't apply to romo.
  7. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Watch the play again and he lowers his helmet and spears him with it. The hit would have been debatable if he didn't lower his head but he lowers it even more and drives the crown into his ribs. I honestly think the guy was trying to injure him purposely.
  8. starfrombirth

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Sorry.. I should have been more clear... I was being sarcastic.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,428 Messages
    2,283 Likes Received
    Can you please inform me what percentage chance there is he misses time and where this information comes from, please?
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,428 Messages
    2,283 Likes Received
    You may close the thread now.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,605 Messages
    9,801 Likes Received
    Yeah. I didn't.

That's a lame sissy rule.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,902 Messages
    7,655 Likes Received
    I didn't have a big problem with this play. The diving at the QB's knees, though, should be more than a penalty. Collinsworth seemed to think Joseph was pushed, but he sure looked like he launched himself right at the knees, to me.

I hate this group of Giants, so much. Between that and the fake injuries, they're just a joke of a team.