1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should Tiger Be On The Ryder Cup Team?

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by ologan, Jul 21, 2014.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,367 Messages
    2,980 Likes Received
    Yep, those are the standards he set himself... No majors=Off year
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,916 Messages
    3,415 Likes Received
    Yes but when talking Ryder cup it is better than most of the guys on that list. Yes it is an off year and it shows how great Tiger is because any othe golfer out there that is a successful season for them.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,367 Messages
    2,980 Likes Received
    I understand what you're saying Dooms, but that was before major back surgery. At this point we have no idea what his capacity is for playing even close to last year's level.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,916 Messages
    3,415 Likes Received
    No doubt but he has just returned and has played in only 2 events having some good rounds and poor rounds I have little doubt his game will improve. I don't think he will ever play to the standard he did in 2009 but then I think very few ever will. To date Jack is the only other person but i think Tiger still has a lot left in the tank
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,012 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    No. Tiger hasn't even proven that he can put two good rounds of golf together yet. He may eventually return to form, I don't know, but my guess is that we've seen the last of what Tiger used to be. If he regains form, I think it will be a different version of Tiger and not nearly as dominant.

As for the Ryder Cup, based on what he's done thus far, there is no way he should be on the team. Not even as a named captain.
  6. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

807 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Good post, YR.

While Tiger still has a chance to show up, you simply have to go with who's playing well now; they have won with no-names, and we can also.

Always a great tournament to watch. I was over there last year and was scheduled to play Gleneagles, but was snowed out.
    Did play the Old, the New, the Castle, Kingsbarns, North Berwick, Carnoustie, Muirfield, and Turnberry.
    Going to Pebble next week.

Gotta do the bucket list.
  7. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Member

278 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Yes. He will be selected along with Mickelson & Bradley. Those two brought the best out in each other last Ryder Cup and, most recently, the President's Cup. Plus, they fire the team up and were great to watch. As far as Tiger, and if you watched The Open, you'd realize he's just lack repetition. He still has two months before the picks need to be in and he's only going to get better. Even his critics should be impressed that he just had major back surgery and just made the cut in a major. Not a fan of Tiger the person but I am of Tiger the golfer. He won't be left off of the team.