1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Should we trade back and grab Mark Barron?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Romo 2 Austin, Mar 25, 2012.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

8,844 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    where did you get this 40 time from?
  2. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,060 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

personMark Barron, SS, Alabama

Barron has a lot of things going for him as he approaches entry into the NFL Draft, and experience is certainly one of them. The safety has been a force at Alabama for four years now. He played in all 14 games as a freshman and made 18 tackles before stepping into a starting role as a sophomore in 2009. Barron has been a staple of an absolutely dominant Crimson Tide defense ever since. He led the SEC with seven interceptions that season then earned First Team All-SEC honors from both the coaches and the Associated Press in 2010. Through eight games of his senior campaign, Barron continues to lead the way--topping the team with 27 solo tackles. He has 40 total tackles (3.5 for loss) in addition to an interception and a fumble recovery. NFL scouts will love Barron's size, as he registers at 6'2'' and 218 pounds. He has decent speed, too, generally running in the mid-4.5s in the 40-yard dash while being clocked as fast as 4.47 from that distance. Barron is a solid pass defender, but he is best at stepping into the box and playing against the run right behind the line of scrimmage. He is both a hard hitter and a sure tackler. One minor red flag is a torn pectoral muscle that hampered him in the 2010 season finale against Auburn, but Barron is fine now. Barring any setbacks or a surprisingly poor performance at the combine, Barron should be off the board in the first round of the upcoming draft and could be the first safety taken.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

8,844 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    thank you
  4. brooksey1

1,060 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Safety is a huge concern and is the biggest need besides C/G. C/G can be adressed in 2nd round with Zeitler and DL or a strong side olb to replace Spencer can be addressed in 3rd round. He is nothing like Roy Williams, He led the SEc in iterceptions and hits big in the box. He has not been able to work out for any teams so there is no buzz yet but let's see what happens on ALA second pro day on 3/29. If He's healthy he is a very attractive pick with Decastro off the board.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

30,056 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received

The team needs more help in the front-7.

And if DeCastro is there at #14, then game-over.
  6. brooksey1

1,060 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Decastro most likely will be gone and Guard/Center can be addressed in Rd 2-3. We need secondary help and with the additon of Brandon Carr we have a great opportunity to take defense to the next level. I can see Barron taking over for Brodney Pool by mid season.

I do agree if Decastro is there we take him.
  7. Romo 2 Austin

Romo 2 Austin Draft Zone Supporter

11,705 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    I am afraid he won't be there. If he is there we must select him.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,998 Messages
    4,169 Likes Received
    I'd put it on slow cook now. He's going in the first round.
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,237 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    then he will bust, but i don't think he will go in the first