1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Show of hands: Austin has been Dallas' consistent performer on offense

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 24, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,457 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received
    By TOM ORSBORN
    San Antonio Express-News

Sept. 23, 2010, 11:43PM

IRVING — There are plenty of culprits to blame for the Dallas Cowboys' disappointing 0-2 start.

Fingers have been pointed at coach Wade Phillips, offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and kicker David Buehler. Tackle Alex Barron and his three holding penalties were killers in Week 1. In Week 2, critics targeted the defensive breakdowns, Tony Romo's erratic passing and Roy Williams' late fumble.

Miles Austin? He's immune to criticism.

With the exception of a drop in Sunday's 27-20 loss to the Bears, Austin (6-2, 215 pounds) has been outstanding. The fifth-year pro leads the NFL with 288 receiving yards and is tied for the lead in receptions with 20, numbers that justify his six-year, $54 million contract extension.

"I don't even think of it like that," said Austin, who has one touchdown. "We're 0-2. I don't think any individual accolades really matter right now."

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7215687.html
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Miles Austin, Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson are the best WR's in the NFL...
  3. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,202 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    I think you have to include Doug Free. I don't think anybody's been more consistant. What a find.