SI: What to Know About Ezekiel Elliott's Suspension, His Appeal and a Potential Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by fgoodwin, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

1. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,502 Messages
    3,034 Likes Received
    "Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime."

-- Lavrentiy Beria NKVD

bkight13 likes this.
  2. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

7,165 Messages
    7,159 Likes Received
    This quote is laughable.

The Giants signed Brown to an extension knowing full well that at the Pro Bowl following the 2015 season that Brown went after his wife at the hotel, and she was moved to another room for safety. Even then, he still tried to find her and had to be led away by NFL security.

The Giant organization tolerated the likes of Tito Wooten as well, and extended his contract despite being a domestic abuser.

The Giants only cut Brown once the public outcry became too much, and both Reese and Mara hid from the media rather than face the music. They left McAdoo to answer for their decisions.

Higher standard my rearend.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    khiladi, Tolstrup, Daillest88 and 5 others like this.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,855 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Everyone = the people that hold the power to Suspend Zeke and the local prosecutors. Public opinion of a rabid fan base means nothing.

4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,855 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    It took place before the minimum sentencing rules went into effect.

5. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,570 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Thank you for the knowledge. With that said, you are expecting a reduced suspension?

6. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,498 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    My issue is two-fold and it comes down to basic competence and equality.

• The NFL has started to field it's own investigative force independent of law enforcement to determine the guilt and innocence of a player based on it's own rules. At what point has the league demonstrated any expertise, or more to the point, competence in this area? Never? Can anyone remember any of these sorts of cases they haven't been handled at a galactically inept level? You couldn't have a worse track record than the NFL does in this area. It's been comedic how awful they are at it. But yet people are just supposed to accept their findings at face value? Why?
    • Where are any of the standards of fair play in place at all? As a player what exactly are the rules you don't cross and accidentally violate the conduct code? Certainly we can expect equality in the way the league decides who to investigate and for how long the punishment should be for any particular violation right? Shouldn't we at least have a committee to sort out these types of league issues instead of one man whose decision making is questioned by so many?

In short, if you don't have faith in the competence or the equality the league has demonstrated when dealing with these sorts of issues, doesn't that speak to the very heart of being able to ensure that every team is on a level playing field?

7. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita CowBabe Up!!! Zone Supporter

16,850 Messages
    6,982 Likes Received
    I'm not even sure what his actions are if any. That's the sad part.

8. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

2,281 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Maybe he does, but I'm damned if I'm going to accept the league's word on this without seeing the evidence first.

9. diefree666

diefree666 Well-Known Member

1,155 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received
    When you have a person that lies - why should you believe anything she says?

some here refuse to face that since it completely destroys their desperate need to convict Zeke.

The investigators agreed that there was too much conflicting evidence to go to court. THAT is where it should end.

The NFL has labeled Zeke as a woman beater and it has NO RIGHT TO DO THIS. They could have said he violated our policy and got in trouble and that is why we suspended him. INSTEAD they FALSELY label him and slander him. Those that cannot figure out what is wrong with that need to go to a place like North Korea or Iran. They would feel right at home there.

Tolstrup likes this.
  10. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    But the NFL isn't the state, and they don't have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt".

csirl likes this.
  11. fgoodwin

1,394 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    Fine. What exactly are you going to do about it? What exactly are your options?

12. fgoodwin

1,394 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    For the umpteenth time, the NFL is not "determining guilt or innocence". As an employer, it is only deciding if an employee violated a company work policy. It's like the difference between civil liability and criminal guilt, only it doesn't even rise to the level of civil liability because there is no court of law to try the facts and reach a decision.

csirl, RXP and Kaiser like this.
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

10,645 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    The NFL needs to explain to the public why the large disparity in punishment between what Elliot and Josh Brown received. They can't come up with an explanation that makes any sense. If I'm Jerry I'm crying foul....loudly.

Tolstrup, bkight13 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  14. diefree666

diefree666 Well-Known Member

1,155 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received

They just publicly branded Zeke as a woman beater. How is that not determining guilt or innocence?

Tolstrup likes this.
  15. Screw The Hall

2,498 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    You should pay attention better,. I said determining guilt or innocence of a player based on it's own rules, which the NFL definitely did.

16. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

3,054 Messages
    2,065 Likes Received
    unless Zeke comes up with new evidence at his hearing he will still be suspended six games I don't know whether he did it our not but in the court of public opinion he has been found guilty not in a court of law but huge business like the nfl has the right make there own rules and make no mistake thanks to jerry the nfl is not about football its about the bottom line its a true business

17. Screw The Hall

2,498 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    The NFL is a business built on competitive balance.When decisions are made that call in to question the level playing field that competitive balance is built upon, everyone who is a part of that business model including the consumers, have a right to question those decisions.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:01 PM
    Tolstrup and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  18. dirtycallahan

dirtycallahan Active Member

312 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    I think the argument would be that this 6 game minimum was never collectively bargained so it is not enforceable.

19. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

6,039 Messages
    2,240 Likes Received
    But Goodell has the ultimate authority, that's not right.

Screw The Hall likes this.
  20. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

13,077 Messages
    14,709 Likes Received
    You should be banned for the stupidity of your last paragraph.

The Giants only cut him because they were forced to after all the details came out in the press.

For you to try to float the notion that the Giants acted appropriately here is the most laughable thing I've seen on this board.