1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Sick of blame on Dez

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by roy31, Sep 16, 2013.

1. roy31

roy31 Active Member

264 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I am sick of reading articles saying if Dez would have caught that ball ...an elite receiver can't do that..all crap , I watched Calvin drop a few passes yesterday too ...does that mean he's not an elite receiver,,,right, I don't think so...Very few ever mention the fact that Murray can't get out of his own way ...I guess its just easier to get on the guy that continues to produce...sorry but it was bothering me.

Doomsday, ologan, Shatz88 and 2 others like this.
  2. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    I haven't really read that people are blaming the game on Dez, but he certainly contributed to that loss. Dez wasn't the only one though, there was many guys who made crucial mistakes in this game that contributed to us losing. It was a team effort, there wasn't one guy who just gave the game away.

On to the Rams

lqmac1 and DEMFAN like this.
  3. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,842 Messages
    1,779 Likes Received
    I love the direction this kid is going. Just hearing him interviewed, it appears he is growing and maturing before our eyes. You can tell he wants to be the best.

4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

10,383 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    I would love and hate to see what the kid could do on NE, Denver, ATl and NO.

Ender likes this.
  5. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

5,976 Messages
    2,247 Likes Received
    Generally, the list of the receivers with the most catches and the list of the receivers with the most drops are very similar; at least that is the way it has been in the past when the subject of drops comes up. It is probably a little early in the season to look for any trends in this area.

6. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,489 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    The receiver who is targeted the most will naturally have the most drops or passes overthrown or underthrown.

The receiver who is targeted the most is also likely to be one of the team's best receivers.

7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

11,080 Messages
    2,603 Likes Received
    Lets not blame romo for his plethora of mishaps.

But let's hammer the crap out of dez for one screw up!

Brilliancy found only at the zone

unionjack8 likes this.
  8. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

5,976 Messages
    2,247 Likes Received
    Yes, and it is especially true with Dez, who is going to have some difficult passes to catch that might not even be attempted with a lesser receiver.

9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

21,254 Messages
    4,786 Likes Received
    Don't forget Green Bay. Pair him with Aaron Rodgers and every week would be a highlight reel.

Ender likes this.
  10. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

6,303 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    No hate on Dez from me. He was looking to make a big play and simply took his eyes off the ball for a second. Romo had a bad day, DeMarco had bad day. Witten had a bad day. The defense did ok and they held one of the more dynamic backs in check.

11. roy31

roy31 Active Member

264 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I hope that wasn't directed at me ...I don't think anyone here is blaming Dez .I know i'm not ...he seems to be one of the only bright spots on the offense right now.I'm just fed up with media blaming him.

12. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

963 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    we wouldn't have even been in the game had it not been for Dez

TheFinisher, Oh_Canada and lane like this.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    9,978 Likes Received
    romo lovers on here and the media have no one else to blame (all the "malcontents" are gone) so they pick on the soft-spoken one.

14. GloryDaysRBack

11,080 Messages
    2,603 Likes Received
    Directed at you? Absolutely not. I agree w your OP

15. GloryDaysRBack

11,080 Messages
    2,603 Likes Received
    It's absurd the lengths people will go to defend Romo.

What's the point? They are all cowboys players. Who cares whose fault it is at the end of the day? Just call it like it is..

Yesterday was on Tony

16. lane

lane The Chairman

11,929 Messages
    2,073 Likes Received
    dan bailey says hello...

but you are absolutely correct.

17. roy31

roy31 Active Member

264 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Ok
    I agree Tony did not play well but he actually looked like his ribs were still bothering him..He never looked comfortable.

18. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    2,201 Likes Received
    C'mon Zordon, this is the same crap Romo has took blame for in the past. He'd look really good the whole game, but then he'd have 1 series were he made a huge mistake and it cost us big. Dez had a helluva game, but when it counted most he made a huge mistake. I don't blame the game on Dez, but he certainly contributed to that lose and if you think other wise; take off the rose-tinted glasses.

19. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

6,704 Messages
    3,641 Likes Received
    Not sure the game is even close without Dez, check out the rest of our "receivers" stats

20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    9,978 Likes Received
    So Romo only had one bad series? You realize if Dez doesn't do a super man dive for that first deep ball that we're here talking about Romo's over throw?

unionjack8, TheFinisher and lane like this.