1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sideline Scouting 7-Round Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SidelineScouting, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SidelineScouting

SidelineScouting New Member

26 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hello, just wanted to pass along that Sideline Scouting has just completed its first 7-Round Mock for the 2012 NFL Draft. From here on out, all of our mock drafts will be seven rounders. As always, comments and/or constructive criticism is encouraged.

Here's the link: http://sidelinescouting.com/mock/
  2. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Nice mock.
    Love the first pick with DeCastro at 14.

With all our holes, taking a QB in the 2nd would upset me; but I wouldn't be shocked if Jason Garrett lobbied for it in order to put a mark on the franchise.

We need to find the successor to Romo eventually. This year isn't the year for it. Romo still has at least a good 3 years in him, and I think next year would be more practical for us to find a signal caller to groom.
  3. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,705 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I agree. No QB this year.

I hope the first round falls like that, with Shanny giving up 17 first-rounders to move up. Hate seeing Kuechly in Philly. Nice job.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,153 Messages
    2,784 Likes Received
    One of the more realistic efforts.
  5. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,770 Messages
    9 Likes Received

We are not drafting ANOTHER QB from Taxas A&M. McGee is the other and he is fine to back up Romo. Other then that, nice draft, but we go best CB/DE/ OLB at that 2nd spot.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,463 Messages
    8,361 Likes Received
    I guess. Since it's a bad draft class for the Cowboys.

I don't think the Redskins can get to 2 with that package. A 2, 5 and 2013 4th rounder doesn't get it done, IMO.

I would hate this class for Dallas.
  7. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,003 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    looks like Washing moves to number 2 overall for a 2nd a 5th and a 2013 4th?That a really low gain to drop to 6th. We are talking about trading up for a QB that is gotta bring more value than normal and this would barely get me to drop down from 14.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,153 Messages
    2,784 Likes Received
    Interesting comment about Upshaw not being as explosive from a standing position as opposed to the 3-pt stance. In other words he looks like he would be a better 4-3 DE, than he would a 3-4 OLB.
  9. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,003 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    The more I look at this point Dacastro might be the only possible guy at 14, but the 2nd round is gonna be full of good guards, and the late frist is gonna be where many guys who fit fall, if it shakes out anything like this site shows.

S, CB, OG, NT and 5 techs heck even some OLB guys. I'm not always a trade down guy but it might be the thing to do here.
  10. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received

my thought exactly, this guy must be a skins fan. It'll cost em a #1 pick in 2013 in the package.... guranateed
  11. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,517 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I'd like to get Allen S out of SC in the 4th or 5th
  12. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He has Brock Osweiler going in the 5th round.

I absolutely hate us taking a quarterback in this draft. We don't need one. If Romo goes down, so does our season and a rookie quarterback isn't going to significantly better than Stephen McGee to justify us taking a quarterback in the 2nd round in the event that Romo goes down.

Maybe if it is a situation where someone like Foles or Osweiler slides to the 4th or 5th round, a la what the Patriots did 2 years ago with Mallet. I just don't think it's time to take a quarterback with a significant pick yet.
  13. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Based on his players available with the Cowboys picking, I would go with this:

1. DeCastro
    2. Curry
    3. Leonard Johnson (his pick)
    4. Ryan Broyles
    5. Josh Norman
    6. Terrance Ganaway
    7. Jerrell Young (S, South Florida)
  14. rester

rester Benched

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Based on his players available after the Cowboys picking