1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sidelineview: Stephen Hill won't get out of the first 36 picks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 9, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    TheSidelineView‏@SidelineFBReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open

Stephen Hill won't get out of the first 36 picks from what I've been told. Huge combine locked it up, but teams like him going into it
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A great combine is icing on the cake IMO. If someone's combine signification raises a players draft position, whoever drafted him is an idiot.

Someone can play, or they can't. The combine should strengthen a players position or lift someone over someone that is rated equally or near the same level. Being able to run a 4.2 40, or benching 225lbs 40 times is a very good thing, but they aren't the be all end all.

Now a negative combine IMO can have more affect that a positive one, (like a CB or safety running a 4.7 40, or an OL benching 225lbs 17 times) but even at that it is only certain combine events that could have a very negative effect on a specific position.
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

2,947 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    That's pretty silly. That's essentially exactly what the combine is for. To prove or improve your measurable and help your stock (or hurt if you're not the athlete people thought you were).
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,413 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    He was a one year wonder from a gimmick offense. I am convinced he will never be a good NFL WR.