1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sigh: DeCastro or Trade Down

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboyFan74, Mar 19, 2012.

1. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,075 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I'm torn between taking DeCastro at 14 or trading down. I've been reading it's a deep guard class and taking one so low seems almost like a waste. Typically you want a major impact player that low in the 1st, somebody like D-Ware, Revis, or maybe a franchise QB. I'm not sold that the next D-Ware is there, don't believe we need a Revis anymore (Although one would be nice,) or a QB.. So....

Would love to get at least 1 T/G, 1 NT, 1 C, and 1 OLB in the first 3 rounds if we do trade down and maybe a CB or a S in the 4rth. Still nothing is better than going BPA when it's your turn or trading back if you don't like who is left when you're up....

Perhaps the best thing we could do is trade down and draft a guy around 20 or so that can play both tackle and guard, then get a bull dozer NT with the next pick, and then a Center or OLB who can push Spencer..

Not a really a draftnik so maybe somebody (Who is bored) can fill in some options for me here...:D

Possible Trade Down Scenarios:
    T/G
    NT
    C/OLB (Either or)
    OLB/C (Either or)
    CB/S
    DT
    Return guy
    ?
    ?

Should we get greedy or go with the, "Safe" pick?

Remember Uncle Jerry is kinda low on cap space (Not sure if this matters.):laugh2:
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    IMO OG in the draft is full with talent. DeCastro is special though. It would be hard to pass on DeCastro.

All the 3-4 DEs are about the same to me. I don't see a big difference in a 3-4 DE in the 1st and 2nd round.

If INgram and DeCastro isn't there at 14 I'm all for trading back and adding a 2nd round pick.
    Then draft Mercilus and in the 2nd round look for a OG(Zeitler/Brooks) and DE(Reyes/Crick/Still/Winn).
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,075 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    How bout a Nose Guard who do you like?
  4. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,818 Messages
    1,430 Likes Received
    I want Coples Ingram Cox and Decastro in that order or trade down.
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    NT is weak in this draft, I like the mid from baylor and byu either can be had in the 5th.