1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Silva vs Henderson

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by CATCH17, Mar 1, 2008.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,298 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Anyone watching tonight?

Who is going to win?
  2. DMOB

DMOB Member

476 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Hell yeah, I'm off to Hooters in about an hour. Silva will destroy him!
  3. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, don't watch that stuff. I'm a sweet science man. I'll be watching Rafael Marquez and Israel Vazquez.
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,075 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Everybody I was gonna go with flaked on me so I'm taking the wife to go see Jumper:(
  5. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I'll be watching it tomorrow, it's on at my bedtime. But yeah I expect Silva to come through..
  6. gazmc_06

gazmc_06 New Member

1,007 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't wait, Silva is a very good fighter but I think Henderson can pull it off. He was in the ring with Rampage not too long ago, if youcan survive Rampage then you can survive Silva and with his wrestlinh skills maybe sneak a win.

Still prefer boxing, but I like MMA.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,298 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Silva Wins.

Henderson won the 1st round.

Silva won by submission in the 2nd round.

Looks like he'll carry that title for awhile.

BTW MMA rules. I cant believe I am a fan of it but I actually gave it a chance and I love the sport.

Once you get to know the guys personalities and fighting styles it becomes unbelievably interesting.
  8. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

901 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Awesome PPV tonight. I feel bad Hendo lost but he gave Silva his best fight in the UFC yet. Anderson looks unstoppable right now. He is the Fedor of the Middleweights it seems. Looks like his next fight will be against Okami.

Heh, they announced Lesnar vs Mark Colman. I don't like Brock but he is going to kill old man Colman.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,298 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received

Unless he gets put in a foot lock lol.

I still can't believe Frank Miracle beat him.
  10. gazmc_06

gazmc_06 New Member

1,007 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lesnar will be a beast when he get's more experience, same thing happened with Rampage in his first few MMA fights. Once he learns not to jump straight in he will be a monster in the UFC, experience is the key.
  11. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,075 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Man I didn't know my boy Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez was fighting. He tear it up?
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,298 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    He fought some no name.

They didn't even show the fight.

Arlasky fought last night too.

UFC 83 is going to be sick though.

St. Pierre vs Serra
  13. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

901 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    From what I heard Diego bulked up a lot for his fight last night. He still looks too little for the Welterweight division. It doesn't matter though because he is tearing it up.

Pierre vs Serra is going to rock. I hope my boy Serra shocks the world again and knocks out that Van Damme look alike.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,298 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I think Clay Guida fights at the next PPV as well and there is another decent undercard.

Cheick Kongo looked absolutely lost last night too. Bigtime disapointment.
  15. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

901 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Clay Guida is just awesome. Every fight the kid has becomes a fight of the year candidate.

I'm happy as hell that Cheick got exposed last night for what he did to Cro-Cop a few months ago. I still can't believe he got away with kneeing Mirko in the groin like 5 times in a row. Dana and the Zuffas wanted to build him up as some monster and Heath just spoiled the party.
  16. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WAR SERRA!!! oh and i don't see anyone beating anderson silva for a long time.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,298 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I cant believe how big he is @ 185 pounds.

I wish he could get to 205 and fight rampage.
  18. gazmc_06

gazmc_06 New Member

1,007 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Rampage is too much for anyone right now, Silva going up to that weight couldn't deal with Rampage's power I don't think.
  19. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    silva should stay right where he is at 185. the guy is in his prime and seems like he is getting better every time he fights. anybody know why this thread isn't in the "other sports" zone?
  20. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

901 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Believe it or not I was just hearing on Sherdog that Silva is talking about going down in weight and not up. Maybe he wants to fight Pierre? Silva at Welterweight would be crazy.

He was also talking about fighting the 185 boxing champ. I hope he stays MMA.