1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Since everybody else is doing a mock...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JIMMYBUFFETT, Jan 9, 2009.

1. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,515 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    2nd) Jonathan Luigs C/G - Arkansas
    3rd) From Cleveland Michael Hamlin SS - Clemson
    4th) From Detroit Cody Brown OLB/DE - Connecticut
    4th) Augusts Parrish OT - Kent State
    5th) Joe Burnett CB/Return - University of Central Florida
    5th) From Tennessee Josh Maguna MLB - Nevada
    5th) Comp pick Nathan Brown QB - Central Arkansas
    6th) From Miami NT Sammie Lee Hill - Stillman
    6th) Comp pick FB Marquez Branson - Central Arkansas
    7th) John Faletoese DE - Cal poly
    7th) Comp pick Deon Butler WR - Penn state

Not sure all my copm picks are correct .

2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If you know about Branson, you are indeed a dedicated draftaholic... very good call...

So, we're both draftaholics, and we're both apparently parrotheads... :D

3. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,515 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Yeah , draftaholic would be a fitting word . I enjoy college football a lot and will watch anything from a Northern Illinois vs. Eastern Michigan to the National Championship game with equal enthsuiasm . Every time I watch , I'll have my little list of players that I follow throughout the game . I then work on my draft board for the majority of the year only to get zero predictions correct :-( .

I'm always looking for a FB in the draft , and have been disappointed in what Dallas has had for the last several years . I want more of a hybrid back , and really wanted Jacob Hester last season . I like Branson because he's a TE with great hands and good blocking skills . I figure that due to his height , he'll probably be asked to play FB or H-back in the NFL . Seems like a better weapon and check down option for Romo than what Anderson has been , and I believe his blocking skills will be equal .

4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    and move him to OG?

really, really like this mock, except for Magua, always injured

5. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,515 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    No , I like him to play tackle . Obviously I haven't caught a lot of Kent State games this year , but from what I've heard he has the best feet of any tackle in the draft with the exception of Jason Smith / Baylor . Like Flo or not , he'll be back at LT next season . I like Parrish to transition in slowly behind Flo .

I like what Dallas has at OG (if healthy) with Davis , Kosier , and Holland . I took Luigs in the second not only because I think he'd be an excelent backup to Gurode , but also because I think he is versatile enough to play guard . He'd be a real good guy to have active on game day .

Max Unger / Oregon is the guy I'd really love , but I doubt he makes it anywhere near Dallas . I've actually got him rated as the #1 OL prospect in this draft . Rarely do you notice lineman , but I notice Unger everytime I watch Oregon . He's such a versatile guy that he actually started at LT for Oregon 05 & 06 then moved to C for 07 & 08 . Those are the kind of guys I'm looking for .