1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Single Korean Pot Looking For Young Caucasian Kettle

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    'What the fudge' title of the week?

Anyway heres the setup. Miley Cyrus poses in this picture:

[IMG]

You can guess the warm reception that it got.

But who would of thought? Who in their right mind would have thought that a comedienne who does a good number of gay and lesbian jokes and who has dabbled in some anti-Christian material would actually take offense and call the girl out for this?

I guess Margaret Cho did.

So whats the deal? Is it okay to disparage groups in the name of comedy? Performance bigotry is acceptable? Essentially that is what Cho is saying. That or maybe she is trying to say that lifestyle group memberships are less worthy of the respect than nationality and skin color are afforded.

Personally I have a pretty high tolerance for "edgy" comedy (love Carlin, Dave Attell, Lewis Black & others) and topics that walk that fine line but what I don't have a high tolerance for is blatant hypocritical BS. Lady earns her living by cracking jokes about certain groups and then gets all hurt and upset when someone turns the tables on her. Not that that is exactly what Miley did but you can tell the picture wasn't taken with harmful intentions in mind. Immature and a poor decision, yes. Michael Richards v2.0? No. Just ridiculous, IMO. Most likely Cho is trying to rustle up a little bit of free publicity by attaching her name to Cyrus. Weak attempt and bad form in my book.

Nearly as ridiculous as THIS angle of the story where a Los Angeles lady thinks that suing for 4 Billion dollars on behalf of the city's entire Asian-Pacific Islander population is reasonable.

By the way, I was not reading gossip sites when I found this. Just want to put that out there. I am in no way all that fascinated with celebrities, just bored to death.
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Good gawd do people overreact with this crap.

The Michael Phelps photo yeah, what he did is illegal, I understand the controversy of that but this.....gimme a break..
  3. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,794 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    To be honest I am more concerend with what appears to be this 15 yr old child haning out with what looks like a much older crowd. One looks like he actually has a drink in his hand (could be grap juice).
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    She's Lindsay Lohan part 2
  5. Hoofbite

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Haven't you seen E True Hollywood Stories?

Thats the typical child star script. Booming career shot to hell because of poor decisions, bad influences and whatever substance is currently the high to go after.

Next thing you know, Miley will be showing up with track lines, a filthy outfit and some barely famous strung out guitarist.
  6. ajk23az

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I wouldnt even get close to going that far..
    Miley hasn't had the drug and alcohol problems Lohan has.
  7. Hoofbite

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Yet. Let that star begin to dim a little bit and we'll see what happens.

Its almost too predictable.
  8. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,588 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I am totally cool with this.

So tell me whats wrong with the pic.

I see something in the pic no one else sees.... what is it?
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    All the guys look gay? :laugh2:
  10. ajk23az

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    That was my guess too :laugh2:
  11. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,681 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Ummm, an Asian guy who has his eyes wide open like White people do?? He's a RACIST!!!
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    As to your point, **** Cho.
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the problem is that alot of these child-starts get pigeon-holed

they'll be branded teeny-boppers for life, and noone wants them when they're in their early 20's

it's just down-hill from there

frankly, I don't see why she's so famous, she's so plain-looking, even with gobs of make-up on
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chubby Cho has a lot of nerve. She's one of the biggest cheapshot artists on the comedy circuit.