1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Sirius XM Radio questions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by tiny tim, Apr 30, 2009.

1. tiny tim

tiny tim Member

311 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I am thinking about getting a Portable Sirius radio and I wanted to get some advice and opinions on this. The main reason why I want this is so I can listen to the Cowboys radio announcers during the game. Do you sometimes lose the signal for Sirius radio when you are inside? A lot of times I like to watch the Cowboys play at a sports bar and I am not sure if I would lose the signal if I tried to listen to the Cowboys radio announcers while I was inside a sports bar or inside any building.

There are some other reasons why I am thinking about getting Sirius radio. I wanted to get some advice and opinions on this.

2. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't have Sirius but I have XM.

If you have the portable Sirius you wouldn't loose a signal. You can play it anywhere.

3. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Well-Known Member

3,974 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I've had a Sirius radio for almost two years now. The antenna for the radio relies on access to a satellite signal, so open sky is neccesary for it to function. I have found, however, that in some buildings, signal access can be had, perhaps due to line of sight via a large adjacent window. I don't have the Stilletto, but I do have the boombox and consider it to be a great purchase.

A Sports bar might pose some challenges for this to work, but you never know until somebody tries.