1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Six Seahawks have tested positive for PEDs since 2011

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 19, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,386 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2013, 12:38 AM EDT

Plenty of players test positive for performance enhancing drugs. But the Seahawks definitely are in the midst of a troubling trend.

As pointed out by Eric D. Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune, defensive end Bruce Irvin has become the sixth Seahawks player to test positive for performance enhancing drugs since 2011.

The others are cornerback Brandon Browner, safety Winston Guy, offensive lineman John Moffitt, offensive lineman Allen Barbre, and cornerback Richard Sherman.

Read the rest: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...wks-have-tested-positive-for-peds-since-2011/
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,587 Messages
    2,748 Likes Received
    Pretty sure Pete Carroll wouldn't cheat.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,466 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,587 Messages
    2,748 Likes Received
    On the topic of Irvin, specifically, his compiled twitter response was actually pretty impressive, imho.

5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,386 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I appreciate that he apologized for messing up, but this wasn't like he didn't know it was wrong when he took the PED, sooo what kinda response did he expect to get after it got out.

What some players don't realize is that you can still be a fan while acknowledging their mess ups. But they are gonna get clowned for messing up.
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    How come this isn't a bigger story with the media? 6 players in 2 years, that's quite a bit.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,130 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Pete Carroll teams are not above breaking the rules to win games... (See USC)
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,273 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    It's Seattle. They're never in the news.....for pretty much anything.
  9. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,214 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    4 game suspensions are a joke and cheaters wont stop till we have a bigger deterrent.
  10. Hoofbite

31,273 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Don't they lose those game checks? Something tells me 25% of their salary is a pretty big deterrent.
  11. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,535 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Heck no he wouldn't, the guy is a boy scout for crying out loud......just look at that face, he makes Abe Lincoln look like a habitual liar.
  12. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

666 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    4 games suspension is really nothing. It should be more than that. At least 8 games for starters and full season in the second attempt and lifetime ban for the third time.
  13. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,137 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    They kicked our butts... but the way the did it was just astounding. It was the most physically dominated I've seen the Cowboys since we were shut out by the Ravens during their 1st superbowl year. I actually admired them a bit for it.

I don't like to accuse, so I won't. But I wouldn't be surprised if more of their players were exposed.
  14. Langonelives

Langonelives Member

93 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Richard Sherman was caught using adderall.... not steroids.
  15. Hoofbite

31,273 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I think most of them were using adderall.
  16. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,462 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Adderall heightens the senses (spidey sense), and heightens focus and reaction time. Taken in higher doses, it's powerful stuff. It's like getting a dose of adrenaline.
  17. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,554 Messages
    161 Likes Received

If you're making say 4 mill a year i'm fairly sure you'd be able to scrape by on 3

If it was such a big deterrent we wouldn't see this all the time
  18. pw52

pw52 Member

35 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  19. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

1,697 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Adderall is intense stuff. Heightens your senses and gives you major energy. It's basically speed.
  20. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,554 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    It's funny how people consider the Cowboys a team full of criminals and thugs yet when ever you list stuff like this not a single name on the list is a Cowboy.

If you look at arrests in the league over the past decade we'd be near the bottom of that too