1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Sizing Up the Size-Speed Receivers: Wes Bunting

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Mar 31, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

20,316 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Cowboys Nation: The Cowboys like tall receivers. That's their template. They want 6'2'' guys with some speed. They got a gift with Laurent Robinson last year. Here was a tall guy who could get over the top. When they go three wide, they want to put Miles Austin in the slot.

Looking at your list, who are some size-speed guys, starting around the 3rd round or so, who could perhaps fill that Robinson role early in their careers?

Wes Bunting: You're looking size-speed guys, starting in the 3rd?

CN: Let's open the window in the 2nd. Let's say 2nd to 4th. We've talked about the smallish slot guys, the Joe Adams types, but not about the bigger guys.

WB: Stephen Hill, who we talked about before, is a 1st round guy now. You can kiss him good-bye.

I think Rueben Randle from LSU ran well at his pro day. He ran in the high 4.3 range. Granted, at the Combine he ran a low 4.5. He can run. There are some people who think he gets into the 1st round. I think he could, but if he's there in the 2nd, he's a guy who fits what you're talking about.

Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers ran 4.41 his pro day. I don't think he plays that fast, but I think he could be there in the 2nd round.

Now, instead of 1st-2nd round guys, we're talking 2nd-3rd round guys. Brian Quick from Appalachian State is a vertical route runner. He ran high 4.4s. He's 6'2''. He can go get the football. I think he's a really intriguing player.