1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Skins Fans starting to see the light: Romo vs JC

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by DallasInDC, Sep 11, 2007.

1. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Active Member

1,849 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I was perusing ES to see what skins fans thought of JC's and Romo's performance yesterday. It's good to see skins fans are finally facing reality. JC at best is a marginal QB and Romo is the real deal :D

Here are some qutes from ES:

2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    great stuff, keep 'em coming
  3. TunaFan33

TunaFan33 Benched

1,824 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What did tr1 and bubba say?
  4. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,249 Messages
    91 Likes Received

:confused:

If the pass rush was that good, the secondary would not have looked like that. But it is good to see the fear in their hearts.

:starspin
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,721 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    It is possible to get good passrush, but have the QB beat it with quick, accurate passes.
  6. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,249 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Sure it is, I just didn't view our pass rush as being as 'Incredible' as the skins fan did.
  7. dallas2G

dallas2G Member

51 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Compared to their "pass rush" the last few years...our pass rush does look "amazing" :cool:
  8. UVAwahoos

UVAwahoos Benched

2,163 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We look amazing in all aspects compared to that garbage team.

Quit wasting your time on ES and focus on sites for teams that are actual rivals to us.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that Snyder pays millions to win 5 games each year. Its just a waste of our time to worry about them
  9. Achozen

Achozen Sounds From The Lair

5,076 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter part duex?

I feel bad for Skins fans...wait, no I don't.
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    It's nice to have a QB that others actually consider good. It's been a while.

On the other note, I think a lot of their fans are really jumping the gun on JC. I think he's going to be fine. He occasionally has a throw that makes you think "Wow. He might be something." Of course, QC had that as well, but I just see more talent with JC. He may not turn out, but it is definitely way too early to start making those sorts of judgement calls.
  11. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Active Member

1,849 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I like to go over to ES every now and then for purely entertainment value. The fans at that site really crack me up with their "Skins/Gibbs can do no wrong" mentality Their FO could give up 3 #1 picks for Pete Hunter and their fanbase would find away to applaude it as a brilliant move. :laugh2:
  12. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Whenever Dallas has an awesome game with Romo, I love to peep at ES just to see if they have a reaction to it (I only read over there BTW) and they are so obsessed with us and Romo, they have to make an entire thread about us and it's usually funny as hel*.
  13. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,337 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Romo sat and watch for 3 years, so I would think he would be ahead of Campbell, plus Campbell really didn't play in a passing offense at Auburn.
  14. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,162 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Those comments makes my day!
  15. dcdallaschick

dcdallaschick Member

310 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    QC's not a ridiculous comparison (on the field, anyway) right now. He makes a beautiful throw down the field, but is all over the place with the shorter dink and dunk stuff Saunders likes to run. It's what I remember about our drive-killing quarterbacking from that era—no touch on the short stuff.

Campbell won't have the crackhead problems, probably, but it remains to be seen whether he can really put it all together, or if their "genius" offensive minds will actually stoop to adjust what they're doing to take advantage of what he does well.
  16. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Here is their answer...when Campbell was a 3rd year sophomore at Auburn the fans at Auburn were screaming for him to play because their starting QB was dreadful. Tommy Tubberville responded by saying, "If we play him we would have to run a high school offense". That is a quote which made the papers and created a huge uproar in the State of Alabama.

Campbell struggled for a long time before finally having a great Sr. year when Auburn brought in a new OC who ran a very simple offense built around Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown and play action passing.

I thought he would struggle with the complexities of an NFL offense and NFL defenses due to those issues as well as his accuracy.

On the positive side for him, he is a high character guy. Much different than Q.
  17. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,586 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Campbell has a rocket arm but it takes him half an hour to wind it up. Leftwich has the same problem. The other thing I don't get is the Washington coaching staff talking about how smart Campbell is. Pre-draft, all I heard was how the Auburn coaches had to scale the playbook back for him. I'm not claiming either, but, which is it? Can't be both.

Occasionally I love reading the clueless knee jerks at ES.
  18. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,927 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    I never read the actual quote, but I do remember a lot of fans who follow LSU talking about it at the time.
  19. THEHEREAFTER

THEHEREAFTER Active Member

2,370 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "SnyderMustGo" from ES is the realest poster over there.
  20. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,927 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    Then he needs to change his username to something realistic sounding because Snyder's the owner and he ain't going nowhere.