1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Skip Bayless‏ on Cowboy's win

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless

"Impressed Cowboys finally won a game Romo didn't have to win or lose. Special-teams strip, INT return were the must-have plays."

"Two guys I raved about in preseason came up big today for Dallas: Dwayne Harris and Brandon Carr."

"YESSSSSSS! Brandon Carr makes the Play of the Year for the Cowboys, keeps 'em in playoff race. Clutch when Romo couldn't be!"

"Romo throw to MAustin what his season/career have been about: Just a little off. Would've taken a great catch. Should've been better throw."

"I'll be pleasantly surprised if this Cowboys D can keep Ben from a go-ahead field goal."

LINK: https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless
  2. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,766 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    Guy is actually right about that Romo comment. Just a little off
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,496 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Even when Romo wins a big game, he really didn't win it.
  4. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed. This is a signature win for Romo and the Cowboys!
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    Really mind-numbing how Romo can play the best game played against Pittsburgh by a QB in maybe 1 1/2 years, yet Bayless finds negative comments to make.:mad:
  6. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It wasn't a big game. It couldn't have been as we won. ;)
  7. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Lol damn what the hell does Romo have too do too shut all of his haters up and ppl from talking smack lol, he won the game he didn't throw picks, he's consistent had like 12 straight completions conservative as well
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,496 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Yeah I wrote that on other boards. We won so the game was meaningless.
  9. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Two TDs, no pics and first 300-yard passer against the Steelers this season. We won. In December. With Romo at quarterback. Bayless and anyone who relates to his negative snark aren't worth listening to.
  10. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    Skip is totally wrong about that throw to Austin. Austin is a highly paid receiver. He has to make those catches.

Like most of us here, he did say Harris could be a good player also.

Yup.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,766 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    First of all Skip isnt a Romo hater. The guy defends him more than any reporter in the business. But he's right. He isnt hating or bashing romo in this either
  12. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,686 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    I wish more people would understand that. The concept of "team" flies over the head of so many people that it's like they have never been on a "team"!

We have a "REALIST" on here that hates Romo like nobody that I've ever seen!

Does Romo make mistakes? Yes.

Do the receivers make mistakes? Yes

What about special teams? What about coaching? What about the defense?

They all make mistakes, but the "realists" have tunnel vision and cannot see the forest because of the trees!

:cool:
  13. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    you guys are feeding into this espn troll. evertime you pay attention to this turd you make a boat payment for him.
  14. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,431 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    Tony Romo is 4th in the league in completion percentage. If he is 'a little bit off' then what does that make Roethlisberger, Brady, Schaub and Rodgers who are all completing passes at a lesser rate?
  15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,237 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    Actually he is a HUGE Romo hater now. Ever since Skip jumped off the wagon he's been relentlessly ******** against him. When Skip decides he doesn't want to like a player, he goes over the deep end with the hate.
  16. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,615 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Bayless came over to my side of the Romo fence recently. Even wrote this super long article on how he finally has to admit Romo will NEVER, EVER win a Superbowl ring. So, not surprised with his comments on him.
  17. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo was the first QB in 20 games vs the Steelers D to throw for 300 + yards.
  18. cowboyskid29

cowboyskid29 Member

223 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I don't think most of these comments are anywhere close to the sentiments bayless has for romo. He consistently defends him. What he's saying is this is the first close game he's seen the cowboys win without the right arm of tony romo being responsible for. He's saying that Romo wasn't the culprit nor hero of the game, which he always is.
  19. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We won the game. Shut up Skippy.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Not that I give a damn what Bayless says, but he actually complimented the team over an individual. Why is that a bad thing? We need more team wins and we got a complete team win on Sunday.