1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Skip Bayless‏ on Cowboy's win

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Dec 17, 2012.

1. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,391 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Dude give it a rest.
  2. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I noticed bird crap on my windshield today. It was smarter than Skippy will ever be.
  3. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,103 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    romo needs to win a super bowl.

i love this team if its healthy going into next year.

Romo is why they were in the hunt without any running game and a struggling offensive line. murray came back, and its making things just work. all of the sudden the oline looks better, play calling seems better, and romo is having a blast with play action.
  4. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Miles could have easily made that catch, although he had to lay out for it, the ball still went right through his hands. .... On the 3rd & 4 I am surprised no one commented on Witten getting his hands up late & having the ball go off his fingers.. Ball was perfectly thrown while being pressured from his blind side... Skip is delusional, as is anyone else if they think those throws Romo made were poor. There was a throw in the 2nd quarter as well where some people say Romo was off & missed Witten over the middle, but if you watch that play back, Romo was throwing off his backfoot with a free rusher in his face & Witten is running down the middle while he is turning back to look for the ball, he slows down & can't catch up to the ball.. If he stays in stride there, that's an easy completion for a 1st down
  5. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,103 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    Romo won so many other games this year without any help whatsoever. so he didnt lead a drive to win it this week? there are 2 other phases of the game, and both ST and DEF stepped up and did their jobs.

bailey is another guy thats been money this year. yeah that miss in baltimore looms huge, but his head coach absolutely shouldve had him in a better spot.
  6. GusTheo

GusTheo Active Member

166 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Guys, Skip is right, but not for the reason he stated! That one play is very indicative of Romos career. He put the ball right where it needed to be, and it literally went right through his WR's hands. Miles Austin needs to make the catch. Would it have been a tough catch? Sure. But not a great catch like many are claiming, it would've merely been a good catch. Miles had to extend for it, but still didn't get his hands on it. If the ball is closer to him, it gives the DB more of a chance to make a play on it. No way you can fault Romo for that.

And yes, this was a game where the Cowboys as a team actually won. It wasn't won by Romo. Defense finally made some plays WHEN they had to, not just over the course of the game. Usually the defense is solid for a certain amount of time then when we need them to make a stop they wouldn't come through. People would argue that they kept them in position for so long etc, but at the end of the day sometimes its the timing of it. Yesterday I though the defense was playing OK throughout the game, but when we needed them most they came through (sacks on the final drive to prevent Steelers from getting into FG range, and INT in overtime).
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,492 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    I know. Right? Can people be more
    clueless?!
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,450 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I don't think Skip's comments were insulting to Romo.

I think he's just saying someone else stepped up and didn't make Romo the person who had to win the game or force something to lose the game.
  9. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Skip really said something nice:eek:
  10. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...with Bayless about team members all contributing in big plays towards this win.

Game winner came all the while Romo was on the bench. AS a QB you gotta like when other phases of the game are putting up points or getting your team in automatic scoring situations without you.