Sleeper FS

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by The Realist, Apr 18, 2012.

1. The Realist

The Realist Well-Known Member

3,769 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Neiko Thorpe - Auburn 6-1/198, 4.40 speed, 36 inch vert. 102 tackles, 3 picks and 6 PBU's this year. 7 picks, 26 PBU's in his career. 3 year starter with time time at FS and CB.

Late round-UDFA guy.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,344 Messages
    3,786 Likes Received
    From his pro day:

Height:*6012
    Weight:*198
    40 Yrd Dash:*4.39
    20 Yrd Dash:*2.56
    10 Yrd Dash:*1.55
    Vertical Jump:*38
    Broad Jump:*11'05"
    20 Yrd Shuttle:*4.22
    3-Cone Drill:*7.13

If you get a chance at a guy with his athleticism and that much playing time in the 6th or 7th, you jump all over that.
  3. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    AoA was a sleeper. Problem is he's still sleeping.
  4. theogt

45,344 Messages
    3,786 Likes Received
    “I can play corner, safety, nickel. I talked to a lot of teams, and I told them I play a lot of special teams,” Thorpe said.

This guys agent told him the right thing to say. It's odd that he's so overlooked.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Well-Known Member

3,769 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    You would think with those measurables and a 3 year starter in the SEC he would be automatic invite to the combine. Not like he didn't put up any numbers either. 100+ tackles.

I take him in 6 no problem.
  6. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

780 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    AoA was a small school and he didn't really play a position, he just kinda freelanced and his athletism let him make plays against inferior competition. Playing for Auburn is some pretty stiff competition. Not knocking AoA, I thought he was worth a shot.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

22,446 Messages
    12,187 Likes Received
    AOA started 2 games and played all but 1 snap of another AFTER he was released by the Boys. Any chance that Poodle (Campo) was his problem?
  8. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

6,855 Messages
    1,770 Likes Received

Soooo, the guy has started three games in his career and Campo was his problem? Sound logic.
  9. rickster14

rickster14 Member

153 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    As an Auburn fan, I am a bit biased about Thorpe. He could turn out to be a decent S. He does need to get stronger, but he has the speed, tackling ability, and cover skills to stick.

Thorpe started for 2 or 3 seasons at CB and was then moved to S for his Sr. year. I beleive he was AU's defensive MVP last season. I would have no problem using a 7th on him or signing him as an UDFA.
  10. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

15,678 Messages
    1,941 Likes Received
    Any relation to Jim?
  11. theogt

45,344 Messages
    3,786 Likes Received
    He sounds like he could be the Alan Ball type for the next 3-4 seasons (i.e., a swing corner/safety with speed and agility to play both positions if need be). I think those spots on the roster need to go to younger guys potential rather than guys, like Alan Ball, who we know suck even though they have the starting experience.