1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Slightly OT: Last bad 1st rounder from UM?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DezBRomo9, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

82,591 Messages
    6,138 Likes Received
    He has looked bad in Houston while his teammate Dunta Robinson has looked pretty good and seems to be the leader of their secondary
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    hey, give it up to Houston, when they exchanged Aaron Glenn for Phillip, they got exactly what they wanted...youth ;)
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,265 Messages
    2,193 Likes Received
    Kevin Williams.

Not a 1st round pick, so it isn't that much of a bust. You do expect more from a 2nd round pick and your top draft choice.
  4. AtlCB

AtlCB Well-Known Member

3,826 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Did you see Rod Woodson's reaction on the NFL network to Portis' ridiculous costumes? Rod Woodson also said that Portis would be giving fruitcake as Christmas gifts.

:lmao2:
  5. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

All I know is that many Redskins fans always claim a certain Dallas player had certain tendencies (NTTAWWT) yet their poster child is doing his best Elton John Jr. impersonation every week.
  6. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Mcdougle heads the list along with damione lewis.
  7. Ceasaleo88

Ceasaleo88 New Member

236 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can I ask a question real quick? Why do a lot u guys hate the U? I've seen a rack(that means a lot for anybody not in the DC area LOL) of comments talkin bout the guys r jerks, criminals, etc. etc. and this and that. My thing is is that u check around the country I bet that a lot of schools who many people deem "Sainthood" on, have way more players in the police blotter that Miami. I'm willin to bet that Tennessee alone has had more problem players in the last year than Miami has had in the past 4 years.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

26,419 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    Like it or not, some teams choose to avoid Miami players. Which is saying something since Miami consistently puts guys with high-level NFL talent in the draft.

I will give Miami this -- as thugish as their image is, they do manage a decent graduation rate (over 50%) -- that isn't ideal - but it is above average for top teams. (BTW -- U of Virginia leads with 70% -- that is outstanding for graduation from such a quality U).

Unfortunately, Humility 101 is not a required course at Miami.
  9. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,167 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    Actually. hes not really solid, Hes only started 4 games in his career(3rd season)hes just now getting playing time, and still not doing much with it, 14 tackles this year.
  10. AbeBeta

26,419 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    Actually, Joseph has been an very important contributor this year -- you can't measure interior linemen with tackles -- teams are having to account for him -- it is true that he looked like a bust his first two years -- but he is making up for lost time now.
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,167 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    Im forced to watch almost all Giants games, hes not really solid. Clancy and Robbins IMO are bigger contributors on the team
  12. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hasn't McKinnie been to the probowl at least once? I think he's pretty solid as a LT, as good as Flozell anyway, and about a million times better than Jeff Backus, another 1st round pick at LT. I would say Damione Lewis is a bit of a bust even though he's finally turned into something serviceable, it's taken a long time. Hard to know whether it's more him or the Rams D-line coaches though, they've sucked at defensive tackle for years now.
  13. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Santana Moss and Ed Reed.
  14. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    there's been quite a few of them

David
  15. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    no, his problem is he just sux

David
  16. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    not really...they both pretty much suck

David
  17. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have to take the other side as many others have here, Joseph isnt a very good player and certainly is proving he isnt worth the 1st rd pick that was used on him

David
  18. AbeBeta

26,419 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    I don't know 7 TDs says he's got something. He's talented. But he's what BP would call a "street player"
  19. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,840 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    What about Vernon Carey?

He has only started 9 of 23 games thus far in his career.
  20. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yeah ok...thats why a 260lb FB beat him on a fly pattern

the guy is a dog

David