1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

34,841 Messages
    4,156 Likes Received
    Anyone ever used one? I'm thinking about getting one.

My only concern is that I may not have a fast enough upload speed.

What do you guys know?
  2. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I bought and installed one a few weeks ago. The video freezes for upwards of 5 to 10 seconds occasionally, but audio stream flows fine and uninterrupted. ... the speed of your internet connections obviously play a role in this.

It isn't perfect, but I'm very happy with it.

My Slingbox is connected to a cablebox/DVR ... and I'm able to control this cablebox/DVR unit from afar. It's pretty cool.

The initial hook-up went o.k. I went through the various steps, hit a snag, initiated a helpchat (via the Slingbox website), the technician completed the installation remotely, and I was good to go.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

34,841 Messages
    4,156 Likes Received
    I just finished setting mine up. Hit a snag as well and the Slingbox member took over my installation and figured it out as well.

I have to get a few ports opened up on my network before I will actually be able to tell how much use I will get out of it.

Looks pretty cool.
  4. cowboyfan4life_mark

cowboyfan4life_mark 5 outta 8 ain't bad

3,029 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    You want mayo with your fries???

Oh wait, you said slingbox. :D