1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

So, a win at Oakland a given?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CactusCowboy, Sep 20, 2005.

1. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It seems most of you think so. Despite being 0-2 the Raiders have a potent offense and they can throw long as in Brunell -to-Moss long! Do I think we can win- yes, but no sure thing expecially in Oakland.
  2. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At this point, we should be considered underdogs.
  3. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oakland has no defense.
    Redskins have a very good defense and I do not think many would have argued that even before last nights game.
    When you got a good Defense as Washington dose it lets them stay in the game and a big play here and there can win it.
    Oakland will be a win for the Boys and that you can bank on.
  4. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,572 Messages
    14 Likes Received

There are no givens. None!

People should have learned that last night.

You have to earn each and every win.
  5. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's almost as if you're begging for us to lose! I'm a Santana Moss fan, but he's no Randy Moss, and I'd take Collins over Brunell. So until I actually see the Cowboys rise to the occasion and convincingly win several games in a row, I'm not going to bank on anything.
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament...

29,215 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    There are no givens for any team in the NFL in this age a parity... it's a game at a time...

That being said, I never like our chances when facing Randy Moss...
  7. jlust22

jlust22 Member

525 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think a team that throws as many deep balls as the Raiders do is a tremendous concern for the Cowboys. I think we are very succeptible to giving up the deep ball especially when its being thrown to Randy Moss. I don't have any faith in Davis or Roy being much safety help. Henry has been great this year, but I do think WR's can get behind him and we know Glenn can be beat deep especially when Moss or Porter tower over him. That will be a tough game, but with the way the schedule sets up, starting out 3-1 might be essential for making the playoffs.
  8. Cowboy Junkie

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As trickblue stated below" There are no give me's"
    And I agree with that statement.
    But I had enuff negative thoughts all night long now its time to get out of the negative and into a positive state.
    3-1 GO COWBOYS
  9. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,311 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    No such thing as a given. And we are not good enough to look past anyone. Not even the Niners.
  10. stiletto

stiletto Member

797 Messages
    23 Likes Received

wow...ultimate homerism. You'd think after last night people wouldn't be saying crap like this. Wake up dude. :banghead:
  11. Cowboy Junkie

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who says the Raiser will have the time to throw deep????
  12. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Have we ever beaten randy moss?. The guy eats us alive every time he plays us.

Oakland is very explosive, hopefully we can keep moss from running a muck on us and win the damn game.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,664 Messages
    2,942 Likes Received
    Well, I kind of agree with you. I mean, if Santana Moss can go deep on us in two succesive drives for TDs, what can the real Moss do to us and what will Porter get? Oakland is scary good offensively. You won't stop there offense IMO. You will have to outscore them. What is our RedZone efficency right this minute? I shudder to guess.
  14. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

13,052 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    No, I never thought a win at Oakland was ever a given. And really, I'm very happy how the team played last night. But, here's my reasons:

- Playing two games in a row on the road in California.

- Say what you will about Norv Turner, but he is good at scheming against Parcells and Belichick defenses.

- We always struggle against tall, fast wide receivers. Especially Randy Moss.

I think we could very well go 3-1 and it's important that we do as we have a tough Giants and Eagles team ahead.

If we can somehow manage to start of 4-2, we are in excellent shape. And really, I believe if we played like we did last night, I believe we could go 5-1.

Rich........
  15. Cowboy Junkie

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah I am a homer and if the Cowboys were 0-16 last year then this year I would still hope for the Superbowl thats what a fan is suppose to do. If your not going to be a homer you might as well jump from team to team.
  16. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL...I give him an A for effort! I'm optimistic too, but neither team is a cakewalk, especially Oak.
  17. stiletto

stiletto Member

797 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    LOL - keep waving those pom-pom's my friend. We always need cheerleaders too around message boards.