1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

So Josh Gordon was arrested again

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Zordon, Jul 5, 2014.

1. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,849 Messages
    2,299 Likes Received
    Me what?
    Redball Express likes this.
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    It's over bro. He will find a way to ruin his life.

Weren't we rumored to be interested in him in the supplemental draft?
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received

DEAD ON.
  4. burmafrd

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received

amazing how any stoners drunks or wife beaters would be welcome here by some
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,245 Messages
    1,178 Likes Received
  6. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,297 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    Does not seem like a smart kid. You probably want to stay out of trouble while waiting to see your future for the 2014 season with Goodell later this month. Although from reading around, this is similar to awaiting trial in our court system. If I was awaiting trial for DWI and got another one, it would have no bearing on the first one and could not be used against me. It would be it's own separate case. I think that is the deal here. He could possibly be suspended for this arrest but it won't come into play for the original suspension he is facing.
    JonJon likes this.
  7. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,646 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  8. burmafrd

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received

reading this I have to wonder just what is common sense? You are waiting trial for DUI and get another and its no big deal?

You really think Goodell has to worry about this kind of bizarre legal pretzel making? He looks at Josh and says

"This is a broken record. You are banned for life. Have a nice day."

And he would be right. Anyone this stupid with this lack of self discipline needs to be banned for life.
  9. Blackspider214

2,297 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    I never stated anything about common sense or saying it was acceptable. But it's how this works. This DWI is not going to affect anything as of now. Goodell will make his suspension based on his prior actions. Now will the DWI get him another suspension? We will see.

But you are naive if you think he will be banned for life. He will play again. Now for whom and when is the question. But his days are not over as of now.
  10. burmafrd

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received

he should be banned for life. And you are out to lunch if you do not think Goodell will take this latest stupdity into his decision.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    He won't get a life ban but he absolutely assured himself a year long suspension with some things he'll have to do before next season begin in order to be reinstated to the league.

This kid is a complete moron. There is no other way to explain other than he is flat out stupid.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    If only he was in a vegas bathroom with Johnny Dollar Roller instead of being out on the road intoxicated and putting other people's lives in danger.
  13. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,724 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Soon to be starting for some team in the CFL, WRs Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon. Maybe the CFL will have Manziel soon, too.:)
  14. Blackspider214

2,297 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    He won't. No one even has the details yet of that case. It takes months for those cases to gain any legs.

All Gordon was doing was appealing his year long suspension that was handed down for failing another drug test. Goodell was not going to overturn his own decision. He was going to be suspended a year, DWI or no DWI.
  15. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,245 Messages
    1,178 Likes Received
    Will they all be on the same team as Chad Johnson?
  16. BraveHeartFan

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Yep.

The guy has failed multiple drug tests. Goodell was no doubt going to shut him down for the year regardless. This only makes it that much easier for him to do so and not have to even think twice about it.
  17. Blackspider214

2,297 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    Yes.

Also, this could possibly bring on a subsequent suspension after he serves his first one. He's definitely done for 2014 season. Now we will see if he misses any of 2015.

Either way, it can't be fun for Gordon to walk into the meeting with Goodell with this just happening. Or maybe it makes it easier for both parties now. Gordon has no argument now.
  18. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,938 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Maybe he can get moved to a Boston jail along with Hernandez...and be bunk mate homies.
  19. BraveHeartFan

23,342 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Gordon is an idiot but I don't think that equals being bunk mates with a murder. Those are a couple of completely different levels of stupid that aren't even remotely close.