1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

So let's say Peterson is gone, but we STILL trade with Cleveland for..............

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by newlander, Apr 27, 2011.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Akamura or Fairley? I've seen many mocks that say the Niners could take Akamura and others that say the Titans want Fairley real bad. So...who would YOU take? I have to say that Fairley's talent is awful enticing.....

BTW (this question is posed assuming Michael Irvin is right and we're taking a defensive player....which I'm starting to believe could be true)

2. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,460 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    The only player we would trade up for is Peterson.

3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, no way.

There's a strong possibility that both guys will be there when you pick.

4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....you guys follow this stuff alot closer than I do. Just thinking MAYBE Coach Ryan wants a serious hell raiser like Fairley in the middle of that line...I know I do! But......he could be a one year wonder too. (I hate McShay, but he has a point...one good year is risky with a kid like this)

5. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian 3.141529 Zone Supporter

12,199 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    Agreed

6. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,042 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    The only trade I would do is for Peterson anyways. I would not mind Amukamara or Failey at 9 though.

7. Pabst

Pabst Well-Known Member

1,112 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    PP is the only one we'd give up picks for.

I am hoping that all the "Dallas hates Fairley" talk isn't real. I'd be pretty miffed if he fell to 9 and Dallas passed.

8. jbsg02

jbsg02 Active Member

1,719 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't even want Prince at 9. I'd only trade up to 6 for Peterson or Dareus.

9. pacy

pacy 82 WITTEN 82

612 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    If Miller is there at 5 or 6 I would try to trade up.

10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

18,922 Messages
    7,446 Likes Received
    If Peterson is gone by 5, then I think we stay put and take the best defensive player available.

I think Fairly goes to the Titans, so I dont see us getting him. It looks like Prince or maybe JJ Watt might be the pick.

11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Hunka Hunka Burning BP Staff Member

66,737 Messages
    12,436 Likes Received
    Peterson is the only one we would trade up for.

However I would not mind trading up to 6 if Von Miller or Dareus was there, but they are not so that is something we won't have to consider.

12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

10,538 Messages
    5,149 Likes Received
    what is it with guys and wanting to trade up in the top 10?

the only position you trade up for in/into the top 10 is for a QB (if you dont have one and we do) or for a once in a blue moon player (which peterson is not IMO)

so please, no trade up

if the draft starts to fall the way goose lays it out, the vikings might be desperate enough to give us their 3 just to get up to 9 and we could still end up with t smith

13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

86,192 Messages
    8,833 Likes Received
    I agree Peterson is the only one I would move up for. If he gets past the 1st 3 teams I'll start to get excited about the prospect. With Cinn having the 4th pick I would expect them to go after Julio Jones or AJ Green. At 5 with Arz that is where I would expect a move by Dallas if they have any intention of going after Peterson

14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

34,811 Messages
    10,175 Likes Received
    He is the only player just about that I would not be happy with.

Give me a OT or DE over a JAG corner please.

15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

86,192 Messages
    8,833 Likes Received
    If Dallas goes OL instead frankly I think we need to move out of the 9 spot. I think there are some very good OL players I don't think any of them are top 10 picks and I see none of the top OL players being head and shoulders above the other top OL.