1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

So much for doom and gloom

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dfense, Nov 13, 2012.

1. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,346 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    For all the "season is over" talk, here they are now only a game out if they beat the Browns sunday. If the Philly win can propel the Cowboys ahead, the division is theirs to take. The Giants schedule is tough. Packers, Saints, at Falcons, at Ravens.

Matt Ryan has a rediculous 18-1 or better at home record.
    Ravens 30-5 at home under Harbaugh before the Dallas game.

The Giants are not playing very well right now. Eli looked horrible against the Bengals. Bradshaw's feet are about to break again, their corners still blow coverages and Deihl was a revolving door at tackle trying to protect the QB.

It's more than a November swoon for the Gmen.

The planets are aligning. :)
  2. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

5,729 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    dallas did it to themselves on this season.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    I think there tends to be way too much knee jerk reaction after most games both from the doom and gloom to the talk of SB.

This team has a lot of work in front of them and we don't know how any other team will fair week to week. If the Cowboys can put some wins together then we have a chance to make the post season and if we don't then it will not matter what any other team does.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,173 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Honestly, the concern should be held onto until December hits. Let's say Dallas does what they always do in November and win their next two while The Giants lose to Green Bay.

That would put both teams at 6-5 with Dallas ahead due to the Divisional tie-breaker. Can Dallas manage to do what they could not last season? They sat a game ahead of the Giants at 7-4 heading into last December only to botch their next two. Everyone knows what happened next.

I'm not sure which team the planets are aligning for at this point, but I really do hope Dallas can do what they failed to do in a very similar situation last year.
  5. LittleD

LittleD Member

739 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Keep smiling:

Even if they were to win the division, they would fold out in the first playoff game for sure. This team does not have the lines to stack up against the best teams in the league. If we had to play the Giants in the playoffs, would anyone give Romo a chance against their line. Nada! We would lose to the bears, falcons or 49ers and they wouldn't have to break much sweat to beat us. The offense just can't score inside the redzone and our pass defense is starting to play down to the defensive line. We need all the draft picks we can get...not that Jerry knows anything about drafting football players.
    :mad:
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

2,762 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    We have to beat the Steelers, Cincy and NO in Dec along with trying to beat Wash twice and Philly once more.

I say we beat cleveland and Washington once. All the rest are losses.

This team needs some serious upgrades on OL and DL until then they are a 7 or 8 win team tops.
  7. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The NFL as a whole is re-designed to come down to December.

Just as playing well in the 4th quarter of games is what trnslates into gameday wins, playing well in the 4th quarter of your season is what often translates into playoff appearances.

But doom and gloom is still lurking. Philly is almost done because the loss was a division loss. Dallas is back in the hunt, but still behind, because it was a division win.

The Cowboys still have half of their division games to go. They need to win all 3 to keep doom and gloom from breathing down their necks.
  8. LittleD

LittleD Member

739 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    The BigD Dog just doesn't hunt in December...I see more losses in the Boys future. Time to bust this team up and start over for the next decade of losses.
  9. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    When they start winning games in December, I'll get excited. Until then it's strictly wait and see.

Beating Philly is nothing to get excited about. Neither is beating Cleveland, Washington and Philly again, assuming that happens.

Get to 7-5, win 3 out of 4 in December and then you've got something to get excited about.

Will it happen? Not likely. But we can always hope. That's all we have right now.
  10. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    One loss and doom & gloom is right back in your face with a vengeance. All the 'I told you so' will rain down all over CZ.

We do have an opportunity to make something out of this season, but it shouldn't be ignored that it is just a slight chance. We have to stack together alot of wins for that to happen, something we haven't done in a while. But it is possible, and thats all that matters at this point cause thats better than no hope at all.

Too many people try to be the first to proclaim something, even when it makes them look like an idiot later. Unless you have a crystal ball, noone here knows what will happen no matter how much knowledge you think you have.
  11. jday

jday Well-Known Member

1,812 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    But here is the truth of the situation. The Cowboys probably are, after all, good enough to win the division...particulalry considering our schedule and the Giants schedule to end the season. So making the play offs is not as unlikely as it may have seemed a week ago.

I'm not saying they can't figure out of-a-sudden and go on run to the Super Bowl. I'm just saying, based off what I have seen thus far, it is still not very likely...and at the end of the day, that's what it is all about: Winning Super Bowls.
  12. Doomsday101

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    That is why they play the games. To go by the doom and gloom the Cowboys might as well not even show up for the rest of the season then the other side as soon as we win are mentioning SB. It get too be a bit too much at times.
  13. Deep_Freeze

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Yeah, its always interesting after a win or a loss, except lately its been gloomy here even after a win. Easier to just not get too high after a win, or too low after a loss, all this rollercoaster stuff is for the birds.

Just one game at a time, and since I'm not a betting man, I don't care what anyone thinks will happen cause they don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the future.
  14. LittleD

LittleD Member

739 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Hope springs eternal...Place your bets???
  15. Deep_Freeze

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Again, I'm not a betting man and predicting the future is an inexact science to say the least.

We won a football game, and we are still in the hunt....thats all that matters at this point.
  16. Doomsday101

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    I agree, if they could see the future we would have a boat load of millionaires on this site. :laugh2:

I'm a pretty even keel type or person, I don't get to high or to low. As long as Dallas is in the race they have a chance but I'm also not blind to the fact if they do not play better it will not matter that they still have a chance in Nov.
  17. LittleD

LittleD Member

739 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    But I have history on my side of the ledger...Dallas Dogs don't hunt in December.... They tuck their tails and head for warmer weather. That is, once they get their final game checks for losing.
  18. Deep_Freeze

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Yeah they do have to play better, and I'm not willing to assume that they can't play better. They could get better or worse, but overall we really don't know. What if Costa comes back, and all of a sudden shows he can actually play. What if Crawford gets an opportunity with Kenyon hurting and shows enough to win alot of playing time, and maybe take a spot.

What if Sensy or McCrazy.....ok maybe thats too far.....:eek::....but you never know.
  19. Deep_Freeze

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Bet you believed in the Curse of the Bambino.
  20. Doomsday101

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    I agree. I'm an optimist by nature, I always believe things can get better. I'm also realistic and know how they are playing right now will not cut it. There is still time but the Cowboys have got to go out and fight for it and part of that means they need to start playing to their ability and stop shooting themselves in the foot.