1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

So the Vikings are on the clock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Mar 9, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Usually before the draft you know who will be the first pick and the team has a contract agreed upon with the player. But now we all know who will be the 1 and #2 picks and most likely will have contracts agreed upon before the draft. With this much time left before the draft I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings have an agreement and agreed contract with Kalil, or maybe Blackmon.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    IMO the Browns are on the clock. It seems Kalil is a lock for Minnesota if they stay there, which they are trying like hell to get out of there.
  3. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,639 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    They'll be foolish to do that seeing as they now control the draft.

The next QB needy team to miss out on Manning might be willing to give up a relatively dumb some to get to number 3 and trade up for Tannehill.

Especially after he has one of those seemingly perfunctory exceptional "QB pro-days".
  4. supercowboy8

5,501 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Yeah but they really need a LT and Kalil looks like the real deal.
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    What it does guarantee in regards to Tannehill is that some one will panic and draft him way to high.
  6. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,639 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    And that we can usually count on when it comes to draft and FA.

They'll be in an advantageous position to prey on someone's anxiety.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,044 Messages
    2,941 Likes Received
    Only the team with the overall #1 pick can negotiate with a player not yet drafted. The Rams currently hold the #2 pick. The only thing that they can do with that pick is trade it. Same with the Vikings. They can assume Kalil will be there, but they cannot negotiate with his agent at all.
  8. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    It is a slam dunk with Kalil.

I get the feeling Browns will move down and take Tannehill if he continues to rise and they fail to get any free agent QBs. Not exactly a good move, they should stick and select Claiborne or Richardson.
  9. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could have the opposite effect.

With Manning and Flynn on the market and the two most QB starved teams drafting 1/2 I could see Tannehill going in the 2nd round.
  10. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Maybe it changed but it used to be that if that #1 pick signed then the #2 team could begin negotiations etc... all the way down the line. All choices in front have to be signed though

Tex
  11. supercowboy8

5,501 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    no what if the Colts get a contract agreed upon with Luck a week before the draft, why can't the Redskins then get a contract agreed upon with RG3. Like when Houston had a contract agreed upon with mario Williams two days before the draft.
  12. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    NFL has to be pissed all this action would be good for the drafts primtime ratings ;) . Talk about an anticlimatic first few picks now.