1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

So...was Samie Parker...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by OldButDeadly, Dec 12, 2005.

1. OldButDeadly

OldButDeadly Bill's Waterboy

353 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ...Out or not...

I was at the game and that first catch of the chiefs last drive looked like his knee was out of bounds before the ball got there on the Jumbotron.

Never saw anything else on it....forgive me if a thread exists on this somewhere...I did not see one on the first two pages.

Kev
  2. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,271 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Not enough evidence to overturn.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    At first I thought he was out but you couldn't tell for sure.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    It looked to me that his knee was touching out of bounds before he had control of the ball. I didn't understand that call at all, but I will not gripe too much lest it come back and bite us in the bum.
  5. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,027 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I thought he was out when I first saw it and I thought he was out after seeing the replay. He didn't catch the ball until he was out of bounds.

That actually was a huge play because it set the Chiefs up to make the next play. If Tynes makes the FG we might be arguing a lot more about that call.
  6. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,620 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    Once they ruled it complete on the field, there was no way they could overturn it. Not enough evidence either way.
  7. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think it was any worse of a call than the holding against Witten, or the non call on Petiti the play before.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

35,138 Messages
    11,726 Likes Received
    The holding on Witten was an obvious call, and a good one.
    I thought the knee was right on the line, and out of bounds as a result, prior to the catch. I thought it was fairly obvious from the replay, too.
  9. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

789 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    What was interesting from CBS was that the most conclusive view that he was OOB was from the backside. CBS replayed that shot once. That was the only view that in my mind showed him on / over the line before possession. I kept telling the CBS producers through intense verbal abuse to replay that angle but they refused. Oh well ...