1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

So What Player Will Improve The Team The Most

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dargonking999, Apr 25, 2006.

1. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Here's my question. Both the giants and us, have made Huge signings from rivals in the Divsion, of players who were a disruptioin, cancer, and sat out most of the Last season. So who will have the Greatest impact, and improve there team the most. THIS YEAR 2006-2007. That means, not next year, not in the long run THIS YEAR.

Giants siging of Lavar

Dallas signing of TO
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,525 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    TO and it isn't even close.

Arrington has been a disappointment his whole career, IMO.

He wasn't even a starter for most of last season.
  3. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,699 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    Agreed. Arrington is probably a bigger liability in the grand scheme of things.
  4. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    There's only really logical way to look at the question to come up with an intelligent answer: Which player will more likely have a psotive impact on the outcome of games week in and week out. The answer is TO by a long shot. Lavar may have one game where he has a QB sack, a forced fumble and an interception (and a damn fine game that would be) then he dissappears for 3-4 weeks. TO on the other hand couild have multiple weeks in a row with 6-7+ catches and a TD or two thus having a much bigger impact on our overall record and subsequent success.

Don't get me wrong, though, I wasn't thrilled to learn that we have to face Arrington two times a year. If the guy ever got his head on his shoulders and played team defense, he has/had the potential to be one of the best ever.

SS
  5. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trust me Giants going to give Lavar the freedom to room...which is gonna piss the Giants off when they find out how invalueable the player that got is.... Lavar road is leading up to Dallas...
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,305 Messages
    3,613 Likes Received
    42-0? Most one sided poll I have ever seen.
  7. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No kidding
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    there is obviously alot of homerism in any poll of "us against them" on here, but please...

Arrington doesnt improve anybody...never has, never will...always hurt, always overrated even when he is on the field

Owens is one of the best players in the league, hands down...I hate him and what he is in terms of the circus junk, but he is a great football player...Arrington isnt, and never has been

David
  9. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,400 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    The only think IMO that LaVar will help the Giants in are the two games against the Redskins...
  10. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Owens is clearly a better player than Arrington at this point in their careers and if they both start all 16 games then he would help our team more than Lavar will help the Giants.

I still have my doubts that Owens will play out the season for us though either because of injury or meltdown.
  11. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not to be too picky but it's "their" not "there"...anyways I think Arrington will help the Giants but T.O. is electric when the ball is thrown his way.
  12. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  13. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,166 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    I really like the speed and height of Manny Lawson........pick him!
  14. KD

KD Active Member

2,087 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What is going to decide if we win the division or not will be the improved play of our 2nd year players. Spears, Ware, Ratliff, Burnett, Canty and Peppers must improve greatly if we want to compete for a Super Bowl this year. If they suffer through a sophomore slump we are in trouble on D.

I don't see that happening though and I'm looking foward to, hoooopefully Spears and Ware having pro bowl caliber years.
  15. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What are you, crazy?